Tag Archives: Hollywood
There are so many wonderful places to eat in WDW that narrowing down your choices can be hard to do!
Choosing by Park can always help so today we will be spotlighting Table Service Places in Disney’s Hollywood Studios!
Let’s start with the Buffet in the group… Hollywood and Vine~ Here you can dine with Characters like Jake from Disney Junior’s “Jake and the Never Land Pirates”, Agent OSO from “Special Agent OSO” as well as Handy Manny, and June from “Little Einstein’s”. Now keep in mind the Characters are only here for Breakfast and Lunch, but Dinner is served here as well. Seasonal Fruit, Fresh Bakes Pastries, Yogurt, Eggs, Breakfast Meats, Mickey Waffles and more fill the breakfast buffet here! For Lunch and Dinner you will find a selection of Salads, Seafood, Carved Meats, Pasta, Sides and Desserts! This is a great place for the little ones in your group, especially for Breakfast and Lunch!
Looking For the Next Tony Start: Marvel’s IRON MAN 3: Inventor and Innovator Fair Announces Finalist
When Marvel’s “Iron Man 3” lands in theatres, it’s going to have company—some of the brightest young scientific minds in America.
Disney announced the 12 finalists in the Marvel’s IRON MAN 3: INVENTOR and INNOVATOR FAIR, a nationwide science competition held in conjunction with the release of “Iron Man 3”, sponsored by Discovery Science Center, Broadcom Foundation and Marvel Studios, along with Visa Signature and the famous El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood., On the evening of May 3rd, at the 4:30pm screening of Marvel’s “Iron Man 3,” Grand Prize winners will receive their awards in a special ceremony onstage at the El Capitan Theatre, hosted by Asa Kalama, a Walt Disney Imagineer. All 12 INVENTOR and INNOVATOR FAIR finalists will have their projects on display at the El Capitan from May 3rd – June 19th.
Like Iron Man’s alter ego, Tony Stark, these young geniuses are discovering and creating the world for tomorrow. And getting to be a finalist hasn’t been easy. Sixth through ninth-grade girls and boys across the nation were invited to participate in MARVEL’S IRON MAN 3: INVENTOR and INNOVATOR FAIR and asked to produce innovative, inventive projects based on STEM themes from “Iron Man 3” — STEM: (science, technology, engineering and math). The competition encouraged students to submit projects that aligned with the National Academy of Engineering’s (NAE) Grand Challenges for Engineering™.
Earlier this month, after judges reviewed over 300 science projects from all over the country, 30 semi-finalists were chosen. From the 30 semi-finalists, the panel of judges chose 12 finalists, who will compete for the grand prize awards.
While most of the rides and shows at Walt Disney World offer detailed, immersive experiences and magical memories, not all Disney attractions are created equal. This is especially true of the park attractions which haven’t really changed after a decade or so of operation.
Now in Disney’s defense, there are a lot of rides and shows to keep up with; and Disney often refurbishes and updates when they can, but there are a few that seem to slip through the cracks which I think Disney could really do a lot with.
5. Ellen’s Universe of Energy-This Epcot Future World attraction has been outdated and a bit of snooze for quite sometime. I think that when Disney guests begin to consider this ride as a prime napping spot when visiting the parks, it’s time for a change. Epcot’s Future World is in need of TLC and renewed creativity; and I say the Universe of Energy would be a great place to start. Maybe they could incorporate some of Walt’s original vision of Epcot into an attraction? What do you think?
Back for the busy Spring break is the ‘Taste of Hollywood To Go’ dining option at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
The $15.99 boxed meals include reserved seating at Fantastmic! and offers 5 different menu options. There is also a kids option at $5.49 which is either a turkey and American cheese wrap with apples and carrots with ranch dip, strawberry yogurt and a seven-layer cookie bar or strawberry yogurt, apple wedges, carrot sticks, Goldfish crackers and an organic apple and cinnamon oatmeal bar.
You can make reservations up to 24 hours ahead by calling 407-WDW-DINE. Pickup is then at Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner near the American Idol Experience from 11am to 8pm. ‘Taste of Hollywood’ is also on the Disney Dining Plan at 1 quick service entitlement.
- Golden fried chicken with roasted garlic mashed potatoes, sweet corn and carrots and warm apple crisp
- Veggie sandwich with avocado, orange and tomato salad, tabbouleh and chocolate cake
- California and tuna sushi roll with avocado, orange and tomato salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and a spicy pecan chocolate cluster
- Shrimp salad with avocado, orange and tomato salad, ginger-marinated tomatoes and cucumbers and mandarin orange cheesecake
- Cold-cut roast beef with creamy horseradish, potato salad, grilled asparagus and chocolate cake
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Fantasmic VIP Dining Package Now Available! (chipandco.com)
- New Cupcakes Just for Upcoming Holidays at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
As Hollywood’s biggest stars hit the red carpet, Club Penguin players are invited to star in the all-new Hollywood Party, which will transform the Island into the entertainment capital of the world. With three different movie sets, all players can start their claim to fame by becoming movie directors and members can work their way towards becoming film superstars. In typical Hollywood fashion, at the end of the event there will be a star-studded awards show where penguins can waddle the red carpet and members will have the chance to win highly coveted Club Penguin awards.
Club Penguin Hollywood Party activities will include:
- Directors and Superstars: Penguins can aim for fame by directing movies and taking snapshots of superstars to earn points and items as directors. Members can see their names in lights and perform their way to epic stardom by acting in musicals and sci-fi and action movies, earning exclusive rewards along the way.
- Hollywood Fashion: The new Hollywood party catalog has award-winning outfits like a diamond gown, a space astro suit and a rugged jacket.
- Penguin Celebrity Appearances: DJ Cadence will stop by the Island to choreograph the musical production numbers, while martial arts expert, Sensei, brings his talents to assist members in their action movie performances. Lucky penguins might also have the chance to work on film special effects with sci-fi fan, Gary the Gadget Guy and attend a meet & greet with Aunt Arctic.
- Movie Studio Igloos: Members can transform their igloos into blockbuster Hollywood studios with movie-inspired furniture and decorations.
- Glitzy Red Carpet Event: At this black tie affair, directors, photographers and fans will rub shoulders with Club Penguin’s hottest stars.
- Star-Studded Award Shows: With three award shows, directors and superstars can attend the hottest events of the season. Lucky members that obtain the elusive superstar status can win special Club Penguin statuettes.
Whether Tara is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- Club Penguin Releases Album “The Party Starts Now” (chipandco.com)
- Tables in Wonderland:The Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)