Tag Archives: Holidays
Like many Disney guests, I’ve celebrated my kids birthdays and even one crazy Christmas at Walt Disney World. I would go broke if I waited and bought their presents upon arrival, so a little planning is often required. Keep in mind you need to get these supplies to Disney, so if flying you should weigh the cost options of an extra bag or mailing to your resort vs. your savings. Here are a few of my tips for stocking up for giving giving with a little Disney magic:
- Disney Store or DisneyStore.com-When Disney has a sale, they have a good one. I’m also lucky enough to have two outlet stores nearby and can snag some deals. Park exclusives are available as well! Take advantage of their “Twice Upon a Year Sales” and after Christmas markdowns for next Christmas. Beware: Some items will be dated with the year, so look at the online description.
- “Other Websites”-There are a lot of sites selling Disney merchandise. One being LaughingPlaceStore.com which has items like autograph books and pin sets. BirthdayExpress.com has Disney party goods to make birthday’s special.
- “Other Stores”-Again, look for deals and clearance but Disney items can be found at Target, Sears, Walmart, Toys R Us, etc. I’ve gotten some really cute sweatshirts to give as gifts and wear at the park.
- Get Creative-Zazzle.com allows you to make custom clothing with official Disney graphics. Perfect for announcing to the park your special trip. Etsy.com is also a really creative place for custom Disney clothing.
Part of having fun at Disney immersing yourself in the Magic of Disney. So budget a bit to get a special “One of a Kind” present from the gift shops. Don’t forget to get a “Happy Birthday” Button at Guest Services as you enter the parks. Decorate your window at your resort for Birthdays or Christmas. For ideas, click here. Have fun and enjoy your special holiday vacation!
Mickey Mom is Mom to two boys with birthdays that often get celebrated as one big party in Walt Disney World.
- Disney DIY: Vacation Countdown Craft (chipandco.com)
- The Ultimate Gift for the Disney Fan! (meetthemagic.com)
Halloween is just days away, but don’t fear, these tips and tricks from Babble.com, Disney’s leading online parenting platform, will have you ready to celebrate the spooky holiday in no time!
Dread decorating? Check out these 10 simple Halloween decorations like hanging cheesecloth ghosts and masked picture frames that even a zombie could perfect! Continue the creepy crafting with wickedly simple projects like ghostly tree lights, lanterns, and even fruit!
Terrified there’s not enough time to create an awesome (and affordable) costume for your child? Check out these options that can be assembled at the last minute such as a lumberjack, Clark Kent and even Dwight from The Office . Also take a peek at this video for low-key, yet spoo-key ideas for adults.
Okay, Annual Passholders! Here is the official scoop on a special offer taking place, just for you! A must for any Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort Passholder – and of course, Disney fan – is a special Commemorative Collection of glasses bearing images of some of Disney’s most beloved characters including Minnie Mouse, Pluto, Goofy, Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.
So how does it work?
It’s pretty easy. With the purchase of $40 or more at select Disney Theme Park Merchandise locations at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, you can purchase a 2-glass Commemorative Collection Double Old-Fashioned Glass Set for just $13.95, plus tax.
Here’s a look ahead at the release schedule, so you can plan on collecting your favorite characters.
On Wednesday I had the pleasure of attending Disney’s Designer Villains & Cinderella Cocktail Party, an invitation only event where I got to see Disney debut the new limited edition collections that will be available for sale for the holidays.
While I sipped Villain inspired cocktails, there were stylists on site treating guests to mini-manicures with Designer Manicure nail polish and photo ops with The Evil Queen and Fairy Godmother.
The new Villians collection had everything from hand-made villain dolls to jewelry, makeup, clothing and accessories all decorated and inspired by our favorite Disney villains. From Ursula colored nail polish to the Villain dolls made with real human hair, Disney has gone all out with this line with a stylized, fashion forward twist on its classic characters. The limited edition dolls will be debuted and released one at a time for six weeks, are $79.50 each and only 13,000 pieces have been made. The dolls themselves are a great value – not only do they have amazing hair, great makeup, rooted eyelashes and hand-made dresses, but they also have a great collectable sense to them. They each come in their own case as part of the price. Disney blew out the whole collection to not only include limited edition dolls but also stationary, mugs, cosmetics, scarves, apparel and accessories – perfect for any Disney fan!