Tag Archives: Florida
I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for summer! Now summertime at Disney can get pretty intense. After all, Florida is known for its infamous humidity; but there is a cure: The Disney Water Parks!
Walt Disney World is home to two themed water parks: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach; but today, we are focusing on Disney’s Blizzard Beach, which is probably the most unique water park on the planet! The story behind Blizzard Beach is that there was a freak snowstorm which hit Central Florida and thus Florida’s first ski-resort was born! However, the weather phenomenon was only temporary and soon the ski-resort began to melt, turning ski runs and water slides and snow drifts into pools! That’s when the whole idea was transformed into a water park, but remnants of the ski-resort still exist from a working ski-lift to snow plows to icicles! There’s lots of snow left too!
So if you’re looking to cool off, there’s no better cure than a snow day at Disney’s Blizzard Beach; and to know how to do it right, check out my Top 5 Things To Do at this unique, family friendly water park!
5. Ride the Ski Lift-Most of Blizzard Beach’s slides are located on a snow covered hill; and while you can take the maze of steps up to the snowy peak, we recommend the ski lift! Not only is it the more relaxing of the two, it’s also an entertaining, leisurely ride that enables you to see the other slides and guests enjoying themselves down below. You also get a really great view of Blizzard Beach’s icon, the dizzying Summit Plummet!
4. Check out the Ski Patrol Training Camp & Tikes Peak with Your Kids-Let the kids run and enjoy at these two awesome kid designed play areas! The Ski Patrol Training Camp is for kids and pre-teens and offers several kid friendly slides, a zip-line, and training course where kids must balance their way across floating ice bergs! Little princes and princesses can run and splash in their own area, Tikes Peak, which offers mini-slides that small versions of the actual slides found in the park. There’s also a melting snow castle and snow structures, Ice Gator friends, and even a sandy shore to enjoy. Even if you’re not traveling with kids, these adorable areas are worth seeing!
3. Ride Teamboat Springs-This family raft ride is one of the longest in the world! This means that you get a nice, long ride which is well worth the wait. Also, these rafts are huge as they seat up to six guests, meaning the whole family can ride together and watch their faces as they slip, slide, tilt, and get splashed!
2. Float Around Cross Country Creek-This lazy river is fun for the whole family and offers both relaxation, some excitement, and even a few surprises such as a dark cave dripping icy cold water, frozen, leaky pipes, and even the Ice Gator’s House! Cross Country Creek encircles the park and offers several stops, making it a much better alternative to getting around the park compared to walking!
1. Brave Summit Plummet-This slide is the centerpiece of the water park and probably one of the most intense attractions on property! This steep, 12 story, free-fall water slide resembles a ski jump and takes you from the platform, through a dark tunnel, and finally back out into the light as you come to a splashing stop at the bottom. It’s very fast and is sure to test your nerve!
Bonus: Be sure to get your picture made with the Disney Snowman family towards the front of the park! They are dressed for a day at the Disney parks, including Mouse Ears!
So I want to know, who’s a fan of Blizzard Beach? What’s your favorite thing to do when you visit?
- Blizzard Beach: A Walk Around Blizzard Beach (aglassslippervacation.com)
- What to Pack for the Disney Water Parks (chipandco.com)
The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida has a special offer right now just for Florida residents! Disney offers a special 3-day Discover Disney Ticket for only $119 plus tax. With this ticket, you receive admission to one theme park per day on any three days through June 7, 2013. The Discover Disney ticket can be used at any of the four Walt Disney World theme parks and do not have to be used in consecutive days! Is three days not enough for you to experience the magic of Disney World? You can add an extra day for only $10 more plus tax!
You can purchase this special offer from now through June 3, 2013. In order to purchase this ticket, you must provide proof of residency. There are also blackout dates of March 23, 2013 through April 5, 2013.
Don’t forget, we also have great discounts for Florida residents on their hotel rooms as well! Why not stay and experience all of the Disney magic you can and add a hotel room for a great price?
Have you heard about Chip and Co’s new partnership with Destinations in Florida? Destinations in Florida is an authorized Disney vacation planner that will help you plan your magical vacation at no cost to you! Plus, you’ll great service and extra perks such as an autographed picture of Mickey Mouse and helpful tips!
Are you ready to book your Disney World vacation or purchase your Discover Disney Florida resident tickets? Siera would love to help! Use the Request a Quote Box to book your vacation of a lifetime!
- Use an authorized Disney vacation planner! (chipandco.com)
- Disneyland Planning for Disney World experts (chipandco.com)
The Swan and Dolphin Resort at Walt Disney World is hosting its Fourth Annual Food & Wine Classic. From October 18th to October 19th enjoy 8 educational seminars with topics including wine, cocktails and beer. All seminars begin at 4:30 pm and lasts for about an hour.
Swan and Dolphin will have great packages for overnight guests, and tickets are available for purchase for individual events and seminars.
PACKAGE ONE: ONE NIGHT ROOM & EVENT
Includes 1-night room accommodations for 2 adults and 2 causeway event passes at check in to enjoy unlimited food and wine tastings and entertainment offered on the causeway. Package one starts at $300 for the Dolphin and $320 for the Swan, per night plus taxes and mandatory resort service fees.
PACKAGE TWO: TWO NIGHTS ROOM & EVENT
Includes 2-night room accommodations for 2 adults and 2 causeway event passes for each night at check in to enjoy unlimited food and wine tastings and entertainment offered on the causeway. Package two rates start at $586 for the Dolphin and $625 for the Swan, per night plus taxes and mandatory resort service fees.
Expand your knowledge of wine, beer, spirits and sake. Learn how to choose the right beverage and how to pair it perfectly with your meal. Each seminar is about one hour and is $45 per person.
There will be live entertainment on both nights…so eat, drink, mingle, learn, and cap off your evening watching the fireworks under the stars at our world famous resort!
Are you going?
- The Best “Free” Extras At Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Registration Opens for Ultimate Night Out at Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend (chipandco.com)
Come the end of this year Disney Cruise line will no longer use Galveston, Texas as a homeport. This comes as sad news to many in the southern states as it did for me when Disney left New York as a homeport.
The silver lining to all this is that Disney still has great rates for this coming fall! You can still book and receive an onboard credit as well as half off the deposit at time of booking.
If you book from now until May 15th you will receive an onboard credit up to $200 depending on the stateroom you book and you can’t compete with only having to put down half of the normal deposit.
Rates for a 7-night Bahamian or Western Caribbean cruise on the Disney Wonder between September 28th and November 16th start at $699 for an Inside stateroom, $749 for Ocean view stateroom and $899 for Verandah stateroom (per person, based on double occupancy).
More after the jump…
Walt Disney World Resort today announced the multi-year transformation of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs, a unique destination that will treat guests to significantly more shopping, dining and entertainment amid beautiful open-air promenades, meandering springs and waterfront charm.
Disney Springs will feature an eclectic and contemporary mix from Disney and other noteworthy brands. From boutique shops to unique flagship anchor stores, guests will be able to explore a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment experiences and discover options unlike any other currently available in Central Florida.