Tag Archives: Florida
Do you remember our article just last week explaining that Disney World needed Florida legislature to re-write the current ticket laws to protect the new MyMagic+ system? The proposed legislation also increased punishment for violations of laws on selling fraudulent tickets. Well, just this week, a Senate committee has now approved the new ticket law! This bill was supported by all three major Orlando theme parks including the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando, and Sea World Orlando.
There are two major changes for penalties to individuals caught selling fraudulent tickets. The fine had previously been limited to $500 and is now a maximum of $10,000. Repeat offenders will now face felony charges rather than misdemeanors.
Are you a huge Disney fan? Have you always dreamed of being able to work for the mouse? Well, this may be your chance! The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida is currently hosting an online job fair now through April 7, 2013. The Walt Disney Company has variety of open positions that they are hoping to fill throughout the Walt Disney World Resort, including all four theme parks, both water parks, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Downtown Disney and 25 resort hotels.
There are both full-time and part-time positions available at the job fair. Some positions being offered include openings for food & beverage, attractions, lifeguards, bus drivers and more. There are some great perks to being a Walt Disney World Resort cast member. Presently, all Disney World cast members receive complimentary theme park admission as well as discounts at select merchandise, dining, and recreation locations. Full-time cast members may be eligible to receive medical, dental and vision benefits. However, these benefits are subject to change at any time. The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer, drawing creativity from diversity.
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? You can apply here. Prospective applicants must complete an online application followed by a web-based interview, which will take approximately one hour of your time. After your web based interview, Disney will display a message to inform you of any next steps.
Here are some tips Disney suggests to prepare for your web based interview:
- Find an area that is quiet and free from interruptions
- Allow 40 minutes to complete the interview
- Use a computer with a reliable, high-speed internet connection
Good luck to all of you applying for these positions! Please let us know if you are selected as one of Disney’s newest Cast Members!
Are you thinking about your next visit to the Walt Disney World Resort? Siera, authorized Disney vacation planner with Destinations in Florida, can help you plan your next getaway. Just be sure to let her know that Chip sent you!
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Disney World (chipandco.com)
- Splitsville Discount Added to All Walt Disney World Packages (chipandco.com)
There’s been more trouble in Disney’s pools this week. However, this time was on a Disney Cruise Line ship instead of Disney World. A four-year-old boy was pulled out of one of the pools on a Disney Cruise Line ship and airlifted to a hospital.
The boy’s family was planning to sail on Disney Cruise Line’s Fantasy ship for a seven-day Western Caribbean cruise. The family had just boarded the ship in Port Canaveral, Florida and decided to head straight one of the ship’s three pools. According to officials, Brevard County and Disney rescue workers responded to the ship around 3:30 p.m. for a potential drowning at the family pool. Port Canaveral police reported that they found the boy “in distress” when they arrived. The boy was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Port Canaveral and then airlifted by medical helicopter to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando, Florida.
Disney’s new MyMagic+ has been the most talked about update in Disney Parks history. With still much unknown about this new system, there are still a lot of questions. The Walt Disney Company has already spent almost $1 billion dollars to create and develop the new MyMagic+ system for the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. One of the features of the MyMagic+ system is that Disney World will replace guests’ Key to the World cards with wireless-transmitting wristbands that will serve as their park tickets, room keys, and even credit card. Disney now needs to make sure that their MagicBands will be protected by Florida law.
Disney is asking Florida legislature to re-write the ticket laws to include the MyMagic+ wristbands. Disney argues these legal changes are necessary because the MyMagic+ system is much more complex than the traditional paper tickets at most amusement parks.
I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for summer! Now summertime at Disney can get pretty intense. After all, Florida is known for its infamous humidity; but there is a cure: The Disney Water Parks!
Walt Disney World is home to two themed water parks: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach; but today, we are focusing on Disney’s Blizzard Beach, which is probably the most unique water park on the planet! The story behind Blizzard Beach is that there was a freak snowstorm which hit Central Florida and thus Florida’s first ski-resort was born! However, the weather phenomenon was only temporary and soon the ski-resort began to melt, turning ski runs and water slides and snow drifts into pools! That’s when the whole idea was transformed into a water park, but remnants of the ski-resort still exist from a working ski-lift to snow plows to icicles! There’s lots of snow left too!
So if you’re looking to cool off, there’s no better cure than a snow day at Disney’s Blizzard Beach; and to know how to do it right, check out my Top 5 Things To Do at this unique, family friendly water park!
5. Ride the Ski Lift-Most of Blizzard Beach’s slides are located on a snow covered hill; and while you can take the maze of steps up to the snowy peak, we recommend the ski lift! Not only is it the more relaxing of the two, it’s also an entertaining, leisurely ride that enables you to see the other slides and guests enjoying themselves down below. You also get a really great view of Blizzard Beach’s icon, the dizzying Summit Plummet!
4. Check out the Ski Patrol Training Camp & Tikes Peak with Your Kids-Let the kids run and enjoy at these two awesome kid designed play areas! The Ski Patrol Training Camp is for kids and pre-teens and offers several kid friendly slides, a zip-line, and training course where kids must balance their way across floating ice bergs! Little princes and princesses can run and splash in their own area, Tikes Peak, which offers mini-slides that small versions of the actual slides found in the park. There’s also a melting snow castle and snow structures, Ice Gator friends, and even a sandy shore to enjoy. Even if you’re not traveling with kids, these adorable areas are worth seeing!
3. Ride Teamboat Springs-This family raft ride is one of the longest in the world! This means that you get a nice, long ride which is well worth the wait. Also, these rafts are huge as they seat up to six guests, meaning the whole family can ride together and watch their faces as they slip, slide, tilt, and get splashed!
2. Float Around Cross Country Creek-This lazy river is fun for the whole family and offers both relaxation, some excitement, and even a few surprises such as a dark cave dripping icy cold water, frozen, leaky pipes, and even the Ice Gator’s House! Cross Country Creek encircles the park and offers several stops, making it a much better alternative to getting around the park compared to walking!
1. Brave Summit Plummet-This slide is the centerpiece of the water park and probably one of the most intense attractions on property! This steep, 12 story, free-fall water slide resembles a ski jump and takes you from the platform, through a dark tunnel, and finally back out into the light as you come to a splashing stop at the bottom. It’s very fast and is sure to test your nerve!
Bonus: Be sure to get your picture made with the Disney Snowman family towards the front of the park! They are dressed for a day at the Disney parks, including Mouse Ears!
So I want to know, who’s a fan of Blizzard Beach? What’s your favorite thing to do when you visit?
- Blizzard Beach: A Walk Around Blizzard Beach (aglassslippervacation.com)
- What to Pack for the Disney Water Parks (chipandco.com)