Tag Archives: Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival
This year’s Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival elevates the “farm to table” trend to new heights, with Festival Farms around each Garden Marketplace to show how the plants grow that are part of the delicious food and beverages served daily at the festival through May 19.
This fun video highlights the synergy between the garden and kitchen teams, and gives a little insight into the connections. We can’t wait for a taste of tomato wine with shrimp and grits, or the Florida watermelon salad with arugula!
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Fun Facts from the 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (chipandco.com)
- EPCOT International Flower and Garden Festival: Tips to Make the Most of Your Visit (chipandco.com)
There are lots of “extras” to be enjoyed at Walt Disney World. Some of them are hard ticket events requiring the purchase of a separate (and often expensive) ticket, some of them require that you attend a dinner show (also not cheap), but there are some that only require that you be in the park to enjoy them. These are, again in my opinion only, the three best “Free” extras available and they are so significant that many visitors plan their vacations to coincide with them.
- The Osborne Family Spectacle Of Dancing Lights - We saw this one for the first time in 2009 and it simply took our breath away. The word spectacle simply doesn’t do it justice. Millions and millions (literally) of lights all synchronized to Christmas music put on a spectacular show culminating with a snowfall. The only way to truly appreciate it is to be there to see it for yourself but the next best way is to check out these videos. The whole thing started when the neighbors of Arkansas businessman Jennings Osborne became a bit irritated as his Christmas display grew and grew causing major traffic and other issues in his neighborhood. The folks at Disney, never the ones to pass up an opportunity, asked him if they could move the display to Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the rest is history. This particular extra generally runs from about mid November through New Year’s Day.
I am so excited for this year’s Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival because it seems like Disney has stepped it up (about 10 steps!) Who does not want a Dole Whip at Epcot….with rum? Read on Disney fans because Flower & Garden is getting a reboot…
Disney festival planners will boost floral fun and plant power to a whole new level during the 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival presented by HGTV March 6-May 19, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort.
Whimsical Disney topiary spectacles and sweeping garden landscapes set the colorful scene this year for new festival additions that include food-and-beverage Garden Marketplaces, a circus-like “Land of Oz” play area and nighttime illuminated gardens.
Debuting this year:
- Garden Marketplace culinary creations ranging from smokehouse barbecue and shrimp with grits and Zellwood corn to sweet “frushi” made with fresh fruits and coconut rice. Chefs are perfecting menus for marketplaces that will include Florida Fresh at World Showcase Promenade, Smokehouse Barbecue and Brew at American Adventure courtyard, Primavera Kitchen at Italy showcase, Hanami at Japan showcase and eight others. Around the World Showcase promenade
- Garden Marketplace refreshing libations with a kick like Hot Sun Tomato Wine from Florida Orange Groves Winery and Dole Whip with Spiced Rum, as well as non-alcoholic drinks like Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade and Wild Berry Slush. Beverage specialists will feature brews and beverages at food marketplaces and at Fruits by the Glass andPineapple Promenade. Around the World Showcase promenade.
The Fab Five are having a party, and everyone’s invited to join the fun during the 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival March 6-May 19, 2013 at Walt Disney World Resort. Colorful, whimsical topiaries of Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck will welcome topiary Daisy to their Epcot front-entrance celebratory barbecue. The 14-foot-tall topiary Goofy will bobble an anniversary cake while Donald and Daisy play badminton, Mickey fires up the grill, Pluto swipes a link of hot dogs and Minnie chills out on a colorful blanket of blossoms.
And that’s just the festival opener. New topiaries, gardens, children’s play areas and interactive gardening seminars will set the stage for 75 days of festival fun as Disney’s horticulture team revs up for its 20th year of beautiful blooms and creative whimsy.
For the first year ever, Mike and Sully from DisneyŸPixar “Monsters Inc.” will join the festivities with their DisneyŸPixar “Monsters University” topiary on the walkway from Future World to the park’s World Showcase. A new DisneyŸPixar “Cars” playground– Radiator Springs–brings favorite movie characters to life in topiary on the Test Track Walkway. And 2013′s Fawn’s Butterfly House flits to life with hundreds of butterflies and eight fairy topiaries including Tinker Bell, Fawn, Vidia and Terrence.
The opening weekend Flower Power Concert Series at America Gardens Theatre will present fan favorite Micky Dolenz (“I’m a Believer”) March 8-10. Other pop acts set to perform include Chubby Checker & the Wildcats, The Guess Who, Paul Revere & The Raiders and Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone.
More than 100 topiaries, 240 floating mini-gardens, dozens of flower towers and sweeping beds of multi-colored blooms will add floral splendor to the park landscape. Daily hands-on gardening seminars, HGTV celebrity presentations, and other Festival Center events will offer innovative ideas, design tips and gardening know-how to park guests.
For more information about the 20th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, call 407/W-DISNEY (934-7639). The festival, including all gardening programs and exhibits, is included in regular Epcot admission.
- Being a Fake Federal Agent Will Not Get You Free Admission Into Epcot… (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Refurbishment Schedule December 2012 (chipandco.com)
GoGo squeeZ, the first squeezable, re-sealable, all-natural applesauce snack in the U.S., announced today that the brand is participating in the Epcot(R) International Flower & Garden Festival, being held at the Walt Disney World(R) Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla, for the second year in a row. This year GoGo squeeZ is proud to present the Backyard Play Garden. As part of the brand’s ongoing commitment to help families thrive through healthier lifestyles, GoGo squeeZ and Walt Disney Imagineering created this garden full of playful outdoor activities that visiting families can replicate at home. The Festival is expected to welcome guests from all around the world this spring starting March 7 through May 20.
The Backyard Play Garden is located in the World Showcase at Epcot(R) between the France and Morocco Pavilions and features an inviting backyard setting with plants curated by the Florida Local Growers Association. To help encourage playtime back at home, there is a playground and clubhouse within the children’s area where kids of all ages can take the pledge to become a member of the “Backyard Fun Bunch” which is a dedication to year-round play. In addition, visiting families can play together in the Salsa and Salad garden, where they can get tools for growing their own food at home.
To celebrate the simple fun that GoGo squeeZ has become known for, we are excited to present the Backyard Play Garden at the Epcot(R) International Flower & Garden Festival,” says Meena Mansharamani, Managing Director for Materne North America. “We’re proud that through this collaboration, GoGo squeeZ is providing an experience where parents and kids can interact in a playful atmosphere at a world renowned theme park recognized for bringing fun and playtime to families from across the globe.”
Each Friday and Saturday of the Festival the GoGo squeeZ Squad will share yummy, no-mess, portable snacks at the Backyard Play Garden. Visitors will have the opportunity to try this healthy treat while supplies last and enjoy gardening activities and demonstrations at the Festival.
Available in six flavors, GoGo squeeZ products come in a re-sealable pouch that features a built-in straw, making it a no-spoon, no-mess way to enjoy fruit on-the-go. It is also all-natural, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and made with no artificial flavors or preservatives. Each pouch contains only 60 calories helping parents to feel confident about the food choices they make for their children and themselves.
- Fun Facts:19th Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival (chipandco.com)