Tag Archives: Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Everything about Walt Disney World travel is an attraction. From the bus ride all of the way to nighttime celebrations, you should feel like everything has an element of fun. The average Walt Disney World traveler will spend many hours planning out their vacation itinerary and much of that time will be spent on planning where in the “world” to eat!!
Enjoy this quick list of best Disney Dining selections!!
Located at the top floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, California Grill offers stunning views of Magic Kingdom as well as spectacular views of the nighttime fireworks celebration, Wishes. In addition to the wonderful views you will also be treated to superb affair.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a popular, deluxe resort at Walt Disney World. Since it opened in 1994, guests have been enjoying this adventurous yet noble resort and all of its offerings. While there is a lot to see, do, and appreciate about Wilderness Lodge, check out my top 5 best things about this fantastic Disney resort!
1. Theme - Part of Wilderness Lodge’s appeal is its Pacific Northwest theme. When you stay or visit Wilderness Lodge, you truly feel as if you have left central Florida for a retreat at one of our nation’s national parks. It’s like two vacations in one! Where else can you experience the wonders of the West in comfort and luxury with a Disney twist!
2. Price - While Wilderness Lodge is a deluxe resort with close proximity to the Magic Kingdom, it typically runs cheaper than the majority of other deluxe resorts. Part of the reason for this is because Wilderness Lodge does not provide monorail transportation and the rooms are smaller in comparison to other deluxe rooms. However, for guests and families on a budget, this resort is a little more economical while still offering the deluxe experience and its benefits.
When most people think of Disney they don’t think of seeing a movie, but there are some resorts that offer a nightly Outdoor Disney Movie on a huge screen usually by the pool or in special areas at the various Disney Resorts. Best of all it is 100% FREE!
Here is a list of the resorts where you can see a different Disney movie, usually on most nights of the week. Schedules can change so check ahead with the resort before you head on over.
- The most popular one is The Fort Wilderness Campground and Resort. They have a bonfire and you can purchase,or bring your own S’mores kits. They also have a campfire Sing-A-Long with Chip and Dale.
- Wilderness Lodge also shows a Nightly movie by the beach
- The Grand Floridian
- The Polynesian
- The Contemporary Resort
- The Animal Kingdom Lodge
- The Beach Club Resort
- The Yacht Club Resort
- The Boardwalk Resort
- Old Key West Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort
- Port Orleans Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- All Star Resorts ( all )
- Art of Animation
- The Pop Century
Chip’s Tips: All of the resorts mentioned show a different movie every night so please check with the resort for showtime and title. Most times if you head to concierge desk they can make a few calls for you. There are also websites that list out all the movies ahead of time.
One common misconception is that you need to be staying at the resort to enjoy these movies. If the guards let you in you can go and enjoy the movie with everyone else with no questions asked.
So grab a snack, a drink, and a blanket and enjoy a Outdoor Disney Movie under the stars.
Sunshine is a Disney fanatic. You will find her counting the days until she goes back to Disney, while annoying her daughter with all things Disney.
- Working Out at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- January 2013 Fort Wilderness Movie Schedule (chipandco.com)
It’s that time of year again! Fall! The air is crisp, the leaves are turning, and it’s time for visits to the pumpkin patch, hot apple cider, bonfires, and hayrides. If you happen to be visiting Walt Disney World during this time of year, we have some yummy suggestions for how to keep the fall spirit alive, even if you are in Central Florida. But beware! You may be drooling before you reach the end of this article!
5. S’mores Cupcake-Disney has become quite creative with their cupcake creations over the past few years; and I have heard that you can sample different variations of this sweet snack at several locations, such as Wilderness Lodge, the Grand Floridian, and even the Boardwalk Bakery. Regardless of which variation of the S’mores cupcake you sample, you will get a taste of those classic S’mores ingredients that you find around a bonfire this time of year.
Many stores in Disney World tend to sell the same type of merchandise. For shoppers, this can be frustrating; but fortunately there are a some stores in Disney World that sell unique merchandise that is difficult to find anywhere else on property. Here are my top 5 favorite places to find unique merchandise at Walt Disney World.
- World Showcase: All of the shops found in Epcot’s World Showcase nations offer merchandise native to their individual countries. Here you can find souvenirs, candy, jewelry, perfume, and more from all around the world without ever leaving Florida! This location is a shopaholic’s dream!
- Grand Floridian Resort and Spa: Unlike other Disney Resorts, the Grand Floridian has a variety of shops that offer both typical merchandise you can find everywhere and unique merchandise. Our favorite items to purchase at Grand Floridian are Disney Dooney and Bourke bags and Grand Floridian bathrobes! With the variety of shops and different merchandise, this resort is a shopping destination within itself.
- Hollywood Studios: At the exit of many of Hollywood Studios attractions are gift shops selling unique merchandise reflecting the ride itself and its characters. For example, at the exit of Rock n’ Roller Coaster and Star Tours, you will find Aerosmith souvenirs and Star Wars merchandise! Tower of Terror also has a gift shop selling Twilight Zone products, Tower of Terror bathrobes, hotel keys, and other hotel items with the Tower of Terror logo! Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular also has a shop selling replica Indy hats, jackets, and posters around the corner from the show. Finally, one of our favorites is a little shack near the park’s entrance known as Sid Cahuenga’s. This shop sells film posters and autographed photos of major celebrities, past and present. It’s a definite stop for any movie buff!
- Test Track: After exiting Test Track, you will be ushered into a showroom where you can get a glimpse of new cars that have been released! Guests are free to even sit in the cars and peer through the windows; and there are individuals nearby to answer any questions you might have about the cars. Who knew you could car shop at Disney World? There is also a gift shop selling Test Track themed merchandise, as well as hats, t-shirts, and more displaying different auto brand logos. Ladies, this is one shopping destination that men will enjoy!
- Resorts: Disney’s deluxe resorts are known to have a variety unique merchandise that reflect their resorts that can’t be found anywhere else. Two of our favorites are Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Zwadi Marketplace and Wilderness Lodge’s Wilderness Mercantile. Zwadi sells great resort souvenirs, as well as carved animals, baskets, drums, and other African influenced items. Wilderness Mercantile sells great jackets and tees with the Lodge’s logo, as well resort artwork, carved souvenirs, natural beauty products, and plush characters in wilderness apparel.
So what are your favorite places to find unique Merchandise at Walt Disney World?
Let me know in the comment box below.
- Delicious Easter Fun at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa (chipandco.com)
- Gettin’ Your Sweat On – Where To Workout at WDW (chipandco.com)