Tag Archives: Disneyland
Refurbishment information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available on the Disneyland Website.
- Mark Twain Riverboat (Disneyland) closed through 4/17/13 for refurbishment.
- Main Street Opera House / Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (Disneyland) closed through 5/2/13 for refurbishment.
- Troubadour Tavern (Disneyland) closed through 5/25/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Disneyland) closed through 10/30/13 for a major refurbishment.
- Tom Sawyer’s Island Cider Mill (Disneyland) closed 4/19/13-5/2/13, 5/6/13-5/9/13, 5/13/13-5/16/13 and 5/20/13-5/23/13 for refurbishment. (The Island will remain open.)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds (Disneyland) closed 4/16/13-4/19/13 and 4/23/13-4/26/13 for testing.
- Jungle Cruise (Disneyland) closed 4/29/13-5/1/13 for deck oiling.
- Goofy’s Playhouse (Disneyland) closed 5/6/13-5/8/13 for refurbishment.
- Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes (Disneyland) closed 5/8/13-5/9/13 for refurbishment.
- Disneyland Refurbishment update for March 2013 (chipandco.com)
- Disneyland’s Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Soarin’ Closed Indefinitely Due to OSHA Citation (chipandco.com)
Disneyland Hotel – New And Improved!
Usually this just means new packaging. We’re often sold on things that are new and improved that are nothing more than a shining up of the previous product. I should note that I am calling Disneyland Hotel “New and Improved” on my own. To my knowledge Disney themselves haven’t referred to it that way. They will tell you they are a AAA 4-Diamond Award Hotel though… Which I would too, I suppose…
However, in the case of Disneyland Hotel it truly is new and improved with the same charm we’ve always known it to have. Disney truly went in and updated this hotel while maintaining the classic feel.
Disneyland Hotel has undergone major renovations this past few years. From the rooms, to new Suites and the pool. With very few exceptions, the new Disneyland Resort is fresh, fun and a blast to stay at. The first night we stayed in the room, my then 5 year old son went on a exploration of the room and found that when he turned a specific switch on the nightstand the mural on the wall behind us lit up with fireworks. Not only did this surprise us but he found that he could also make music play for us to go to sleep to, not that we could go to sleep after discovering this magic. Matter of fact, I’m pretty sure that we stayed up another hour to play with the fireworks and music. I’m not telling you the song that plays because you need to be surprised too!
Some big news out of Disneyland today. It is being reported that three big name attractions at the Disneyland Resort have been suddenly closed this weekend. The Matterhorn, Space Mountain and Soarin’ Over California are now closed indefinitely, after state DOSH investigators on Friday disciplined Disneyland for the accident last November where an outside contractor roof slipped and was slightly injured while cleaning Space Mountain.
The closed attractions all have at least one backstage area that don’t meet the state requirement of harnessed fall protection for any employee walkway with more than a 30 inch drop opposite a hand rail.
Right now Disney is rushing to find quick fixes for these backstage areas to satisfy DOSH.
Disney’s next “Limited Time Magic” surprise is especially for fans of Disney Fairies. For a limited time, Tinker Bell will be joined by even more of her Disney Fairies friends when they appear at Pixie Hollow in Disneyland park or Tinker Bell’s Magical Nook at Magic Kingdom Park.
Here are times you can see Disney Fairies at both parks:
You could win a trip to the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California to see Lady Antebellum perform live when you enter the Lady Antebellum Golden Flyaway Sweepstakes! One of country music’s hottest bands, Lady Antebellum, will be performing at Disneyland Park’s Golden Horseshoe Theater later this month. Lady Antebellum is giving one lucky fan the chance to see them perform live at this exclusive concert event, plus a vacation package at the Disneyland Resort!
One Grand Prize Winner will receive the following valued at $3,910:
- A three-night resort stay for four at the Disneyland Resort
- Round trip coach-class air transportation for four people on Southwest Airlines