Tag Archives: Disneyland
Carnation Plaza Gardens at Disneyland park is being reimagined into the new Fantasy Faire – an enchanting village square that will immerse guests in the stories of their favorite princesses. Carnation Plaza Gardens Stage will become the Fantasy Faire Stage, where the tales of Disney’s fairy tale heroes and heroines will be brought to life each day.
This transformation will begin with the closing of Carnation Plaza Gardens at the end of the Disneyland park operating day on April 30. There are three more chances for Disneyland park guests to enjoy the Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party at Carnation Plaza Gardens before it closes:
- April 14 – featuring Doc Anello & the Swing Machine
- April 21 – featuring Stompy Jones
- April 28 – featuring Swingtown
And starting May 5, Disneyland Resort guests can keep on dancing each Saturday night when the Jump, Jive, Boogie Swing Party continues at the Westside Stage in the Downtown Disney District.
- Disneyland Refurbishment Schedule for April 2012 (chipandco.com)
- Disneyland Resort Dining: Fun Facts (chipandco.com)
Clang! Clang! Clang! … went the Red Car Trolley as it started making test runs through Hollywood Pictures Backlot (soon to be called Hollywood Land) at Disney California Adventure park recently. Take a look at these photos from Disneyland Chief Photographer Paul Hiffmeyer!
Paul also grabbed this shot from inside the trolley – check out these fun ads for some of the food and merchandise locations that will be featured on Buena Vista Street.
The Red Car Trolley, inspired by the historic Pacific Electric Red Cars which once criss-crossed the Los Angeles area, will make its debut on June 15 when Buena Vista Street opens at Disney California Adventure park.
- Disneyland Resort Announces June 15 Grand Opening of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre in Expanded Disney California Adventure Park (jedimouseketeer.blogspot.com)
- Grand Opening of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre on June 15 (chipandco.com)
Did you know Disney will send you an autographed postcard when you or your little ones writes a letter to their favorite Disney Character?
All you have to do is send a letter to:
Walt Disney World Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
Disneyland will also send you an autographed postcard when you write a letter to the following address:
Walt Disney Company
Attn: Fan Mail Department
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521
The picture will arrive with 4-6 weeks.
Letter Writing Tips & Ideas
- You can write repeated letters to each address.
- If you have multiple children, they can each write letters. My kids mail their letters on the same day.
- We wait for our postcard to arrive and then send the next letter the following day.
- How to write a letter is a great skill to teach your children. By writing their favorite characters, you are teaching them how to write a letter and how the postal service works.
Thanks to Kristin at Couponing to Disney for the article!
- Getting a Postcard from the Main Mouse (chipandco.com)
- Is Disney World Free Dining For You? (chipandco.com)
The Happiest Place on Earth will get even happier June 15, 2012, with the grand opening of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and the Carthay Circle Theatre at Disney California Adventure park. The exciting, new additions will complete the five-year expansion of Disneyland Resort, a premier, multi-day vacation destination in Southern California with two theme parks, three hotels and the Downtown Disney shopping and dining district.
With four new attractions opening at Disney California Adventure park, full day-to-night experiences at both parks, and the magical transformation of the Disneyland Hotel with new pools, themed suites and remodeled rooms, guests of all ages will enjoy more fun and adventure than ever before at the Disneyland Resort.
Cars Land expands Disney California Adventure by 12 acres and immerses guests in the thrilling world of the Disney•Pixar blockbuster “Cars.” Guests will feel as if they have stepped into the town of Radiator Springs as they enjoy three family attractions showcasing characters and settings from the movie, plus “Cars”-themed dining and shopping locations such as Flo’s V8 Café, Ramone’s House of Body Art and Radiator Springs Curios.
One of the largest and most elaborate attractions ever created for a Disney park, Radiator Springs Racers is a twisting, turning, high-speed adventure through Ornament Valley and the town of Radiator Springs. Luigi’s Flying Tires invites guests to glide on air aboard special tires, whirling around with their pals. At Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree, guests will whip around behind a baby tractor and enjoy tunes from a giant jukebox built from Mater’s most prized possessions.
Starting June 15, guests will enter Disney California Adventure along Buena Vista Street, a place that transports them to an era when Walt Disney arrived in California with new dreams: 1920s Los Angeles. Buena Vista Street features Red Car Trolleys, inspired by the transportation system that once served Southern California, and the Carthay Circle Theatre, modeled after the site of the 1937 world premiere of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.” Carthay Circle Theatre will include a lounge and the elegant Carthay Circle Restaurant, designed to be the premier dining location in Disney California Adventure.
Adding to the fun at Disney California Adventure this summer will be the new Mad T Party in Hollywood Land, the return of Pixar Play Parade, and the new Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop at Pacific Wharf. Mad T Party will feature nighttime, family fun inspired by the wild and whimsical world of Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland.”
The summer debuts of Cars Land, Buena Vista Street and Carthay Circle Theatre complement previous additions to the park, including the 4D fun of Toy Story Mania; the spectacular after-dark “World of Color” show; The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure; Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta and Paradise Garden Grill restaurants, plus the re-themed attractions Mickey’s Fun Wheel, Silly Symphony Swings and Goofy’s Sky School.
To accommodate a media preview and make final preparations for the exciting debuts, Disney California Adventure will be closed June 14. The fun, new attractions, locations and entertainment will open to the public June 15.
- Looking Ahead in 2012 at Disneyland Resort (chipandco.com)
- Ghirardelli Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort (chipandco.com)
From EPCOT Center to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, from Pirates of the Caribbean to Pete’s Dragon, more than 40 unforgettable Disney creations come together as never before when D23: The Official Disney Fan Club brings D23’s DISNEY FANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION to six cities across the U.S. in April, May and June.
FANNIVERSARY is a fun-filled showcase of magical milestones celebrating Disney anniversaries in 2012. Produced and hosted by D23 and the Walt Disney Archives, the nearly two-hour show is an engaging blend of video, archival footage and never-before-seen artwork for Disney fans of all ages.
The kick-off of the FANNIVERSARY celebration will be at the Walt Disney Studios in Burbank, California, on April 27, then travel to San Francisco, Boston, New York City, Orlando and Chicago.
All FANNIVERSARY events are open to the public. Tickets are $18 for members of D23 and will be available Friday, March 16, at D23’s website – Disney.com/D23. Remaining tickets will be available to the general public for $25 beginning Friday, March 30.
The touring schedule is as follows:
- April 27 – The Walt Disney Studios, Burbank
- April 28 – Walt Disney Family Museum, San Francisco
- May 20 – Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- May 22 – Cherry Lane Theatre, New York City
- June 23 – Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World Resort
- June 24 – Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago
“Fanniversary is a incredible opportunity to celebrate more than 40 beloved Disney anniversaries with our fans across the country. From the fairest of them all—Snow White—to Star Tours, which continues to take guests to a galaxy far, far away,” said Steven Clark, head of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club.
D23’S DISNEY FANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION explores unforgettable movies, cartoons, theme-park attractions and other Disney creations that celebrate anniversaries in 2012, including:
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Disney’s first-ever, full-length animated film which premiered in 1937
- The 1997 launch of Star Tours
- EPCOT Center’s grand opening on October 1, 1982
- The opening of Pirates of the Caribbean in 1967
- Memorable Mickey Mouse cartoons released in 1937, including “Clock Cleaners,” “Hawaiian Holiday,” “Lonesome Ghosts” and “Magician Mickey”
- The 1927 debut of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, who Walt Disney created before Mickey Mouse
- Goofy’s first-ever on-screen appearance, in 1932’s “Mickey’s Revue”
- The seminal science-fiction film TRON, released in 1982
- Unforgettable movies like Aladdin (1992), Pete’s Dragon (1977), The Jungle Book (1967) and Bambi (1942)
- The 1972 premiere of the Main Street Electrical Parade and 1992 debut of Disneyland’s Fantasmic!
More details about the full program for the D23 FANNIVERSARY celebrations can be found online at www.disney.com/D23.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club celebrates the remarkable past, present and future of Disney, taking its name from 1923, the year Walt Disney founded his world-famous company. D23 brings its members a host of exclusive benefits, including a bi-weekly email newsletter; an array of discounts and special offers; free gifts throughout the year; as well as exclusive events created especially for its members.
Disney fans can join the world’s only Official Disney Fan Club by visiting www.Disney.com/D23, or at select shops at the Disneyland® Resort, the Walt Disney World® Resort and www.DisneyStore.com/D23. To keep up with all the latest D23 news and events, follow “DisneyD23” on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
- D23 Events Go Coast to Coast and Park to Park (chipandco.com)
- Disney Store’s Exclusive 25th Anniversary Offer for D23 Members (chipandco.com)