Tag Archives: Disneyland
I’ve got updates to share with you today about some big changes coming to Main Street, U.S.A., Disneyland park. First, Starbucks will be making its much-anticipated debut inside Market House this fall. To make room for this exciting addition, Market House will close next month to begin an expansion into the adjacent space currently occupied by Disneyana.
Disney art and collectible fans will soon be able to find all their favorite treasures in one location, as Disneyana will move to a new home inside the Bank of Main Street building, the current location of the Disney Gallery. The new, combined location will continue to present a rotating Gallery Exhibit, featuring Walt Disney Imagineering concept art and pieces from local artists. (In fact, we will have information soon about the newest exhibit, featuring art inspired by Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room,celebrating its 50th anniversary this summer.
Market House will reopen this fall, still themed as a turn-of-the-century general store, serving Starbucks products and a selection of specialty Disney pastries.
Wishing you Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust
- Secrets of Disneyland’s Main Street, USA (chipandco.com)
- Dapper Dans Perform Boy Band Hits at Disney Parks for ‘Limited Time Magic’ (chipandco.com)
Refurbishment information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available on the Disneyland Website.
- Main Street Train Station (Disneyland) closed through 3/28/13 for refurbishment.
- Mark Twain Riverboat (Disneyland) closed through 3/28/13 for refurbishment.
- Muppet Vision 3D (DCA) on hiatus through 3/31/13. The theater is showing a 4D preview of Oz The Great and Powerful.
- Goofy’s Playhouse (Disneyland) closed through March for refurbishment.
- Troubadour Tavern (Disneyland) closed through 5/22/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Disneyland) closed through 10/30/13 for a major refurbishment.
- Tom Sawyer’s Island Cider Mill (Disneyland) closed 4/8/13-4/11/13, 4/19/13-5/2/13, 5/6/13-5/9/13, 5/13/13-5/16/13 and 5/20/13-5/23/13 for refurbishment.
- Disneyland Refurbishment update for March 2013 (chipandco.com)
- A Celebration of Greece Coming to Disneyland Resort May 25-27 (chipandco.com)
Join us at the Disneyland Resort from May 25-27 for Opa! A Celebration of Greece, featuring music, dance, art, food, history and more! Festivities will take place in both it’s a small world Mall in Disneyland park and Paradise Gardens in Disney California Adventure park. Mickey Mouse will even be there in his Fustanella attire!
Each day from 10 a.m.-6 p.m., these two areas will offer special experiences such as:
“it’s a small world” Mall
- Olympics training with Hercules
- Atmosphere entertainment by “The Citizens of Greece”
- Live performances from Greek musicians and dancers
- Special Greek food offeringsParadise Garden
- Greek wine tastings
For one week only, from March 18-24, you’ll be able to search for special hidden “eggs” themed to Disney characters at Epcot and at Disney California Adventure park and then record your discoveries on specially themed Eggs-perience park maps.
And at Disney California Adventure park, you can purchase the map at Elias & Co., Oswald’s, Radiator Springs Curios, Tower Hotel Gifts and Treasures in Paradise.
Each map and set of stickers will cost $4.95, plus tax at select locations. And whether you choose to hunt for eggs or not, return your map to a Port of Entry at Epcot or Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park for a surprise.
Maps will be available while supplies last and no discounts apply. You should also know that separate admission is required to enter Disney Theme Parks and the experience is subject to restrictions and change without notice.
- Changes Coming to Disney Parks for Unaccompanied Park Entry (chipandco.com)
- New Hidden Mickey Disney Pins In 2013 At Disney Parks (chipandco.com)
Save up to 20% on Select Rooms at Hotels of Disneyland Resort
Now, you can save up to 20%* on most Sunday-Thursday night stays at one of the Hotels of the Disneyland® Resort, and save up to 15% most Friday and Saturday nights, for arrivals April 7 – May 22, 2013. A two-night minimum stay is required.
Save 20% off a room-only reservation most Sunday-Thursday nights, or save 15% off a room-only reservation most Friday-Saturday nights with a two-night minimum stay, at the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa or Disney’s Paradise Pier® Hotel.
Booking & Travel Windows:
Book this offer March 12 – April 27, 2013 for arrivals April 7 – May 22, 2013. Travel on this offer must be completed by May 24, 2013.