Tag Archives: Disney World
Jiko – The Cooking Place is pleased to announce the following Wine Dinners…
South African Winemakers Tour – Saturday, May 4th 2013 & The Wines of Warwick Estates – Thursday, May 16th, 2013.
The following details apply to both events:
- 6:00pm Reception/6:30pm Dinner
- $160, plus tax and gratuity
- Business Casual Evening Attire
- Meet in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Lobby, Sunset Lounge
Jiko-The Cooking Place presents the South African Winemakers Tour
There’s a new monorail in town here at Walt Disney World Resort that you’ve just gotta see! One of the monorails on the Magic Kingdom Park Resorts loop now features the cast of Disney•Pixar’s new movie Monsters University,” including Mike, Sulley and a host of new characters you’ll meet when it comes to theaters June 21.
Last time we saw them on-screen, Mike Wazowski and James P. Sullivan seemed to be an inseparable pair, but that wasn’t always the case. From the moment these two mismatched monsters met they couldn’t stand each other – and that’s the story told in “Monsters University,” which lets us take a fun look back at how Mike and Sulley met and eventually became the best of friends.
Here is a better picture from C&C fan Vanessa
You can get a look at the video below.
Last week, we told you about some Disney World restaurants that can be rather difficult to get advanced dining reservations for. Well, you may be wondering now, what restaurants can I make reservations for with little advance notice? If you’re a last-minute person, here are some great restaurants for you to check out.
- Rainforest Cafe is usually a great place to try to reserve a table with little notice. There are two locations at Walt Disney World, one at Downtown Disney and one at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Chances are one of these will have availability for you.
- Tusker House at Disney’s Animal Kingdom often has availability for dinner because there are no characters during this meal.
- Restaurant Marrakesh at Epcot serves Mediterranean dishes as has even been known to have belly dancers!
- Akershus - Believe it or many times I have been looking for ADR’s this restaurant has had availability. The times might not be the greatest but it’s better than nothing.
There are plenty of perks for guests who decide to purchase and become Walt Disney World annual passholders. Some of the benefits included in being Disney World annual passholders are:
- Unlimited admission for one year to all 4 Walt Disney World theme parks
- Access to multiple Disney Theme Parks on the same day
- Parking at Walt Disney World theme parks
- Mickey Monitor newsletter, mailed in February, May, August and November, includes additional benefits and program updates
- Special discounts and offers on dining, car rentals, merchandise, backstage tours, entertainment, sports, and recreation (including spa treatments)
- Exclusive special events and privileges
You can enter for your chance to win a vacation to either Disneyland or Walt Disney World for a family of four from Coca-Cola with the Monstrous Summer Sweepstakes!
This summer, Disney Parks are celebrating a monstrous summer with unforgettable thrills including new shows and attractions as well as Limited Time Magic experiences. The Disneyland Resort in California highlights attractions such as Cars Land, the new Fantasy Faire storybook area, and the upcoming ”Mickey and the Magical Map” show, which will make its debut next month. The Walt Disney World Resort in Florida offers the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history, New Fantasyland, as well as the newly re-engineered,
Test Track presented by Chevrolet.