Tag Archives: Disney Snacks
Disney World is known for many things, one of those being their FOOD – they have consistently served up a huge variety of freshly prepared food that uses the best ingredients, oh, and it also TASTES great too! But there is more to Disney Dining than just breakfast, lunch and dinner! There are all those hours in-between meals, that can (and should!) be spent sampling some of the many great snacks that WDW has to offer, and the Magic Kingdom’s snack offering are (in my opinion) some of the best out there!
There are SO MANY places to get snacks at the Magic Kingdom that I could write a whole book about it! Hmm…there’s an idea…but for now, if you want a full list of where you can get your grub on while in the Magic Kingdom, Click Here!
And of course, with the opening of the New Fantasyland comes even more treats and snacks! Those worth trying include the pork shanks and cinnamon rolls at Gaston’s Tavern, and the caramel popcorn available at Big Top Treats!
So where should you go when you find yourself in the Magic Kingdom with an empty rumbling stomach? Well personally, I prefer these snack spots:
Main Street Bakery – located right on Main Street, this is a popular spot largely because of the amazing smells that are usually wafting out of it – cakes, danish, cupcakes, brownies, muffins, turnovers, croissants, plus many more amazing smelling (and equally as delicious tasting!) treats are available here. It’s a great place to grab a quick breakfast, as they serve assorted pastries as well as breakfast sandwiches, fruit, juices, and coffee. The line tends to be pretty long, but it usually moves pretty quickly and before you know it you are enjoying your treats (plural, because who can pick just one?). Beginning early this summer, the Bakery will also feature Starbucks drinks and treats, an added bonus for those coffee lovers out there!
Hey there guys and gals Anonymouse here.
I am sure by now many of you have read how Michelle Obama has talked with Bob Iger at Disney on changing the way we advertise foods to our children. If not you can read it here.
But did you know it goes beyond that??
According to ABC not only is Disney going to change it’s advertising ways they are also going to be scrapping some of the unhealthy food options at Disney World and Disneyland.
Been awhile since lunch and too early for dinner? Snack time! There’s one thing you definitely won’t have to worry about on a Disney trip—going hungry. In fact, there are so many options, it’s often hard to choose. Some fan favorites, like the Mickey Premium Bar ice cream treats, are available pretty much anywhere on property. Other goodies can be found only at select locations. Here are our top three snack picks at Magic Kingdom:
1) This relatively new treat debuted just last year an instant crowd pleaser. It’s somewhat nutritious and very much delicious! The Nutella Waffle Sandwich can be found at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments, which is just to the left of Cinderella Castle as you enter Liberty Square from the Hub. This one’s easy to replicate at home when you need to satisfy that homesick-for-Disney longing. Other waffle “sammies” are available as well.
2) With over a million-and-a-half of these sold annually across Walt Disney World Resort, the Giant Smoked Turkey Leg is certainly satisfying. Each weighs about a pound-and-a-half—yes, I said a pound-and-a-half! It used to be sold as a Disney Dining snack credit, but is now charged a full Table Service credit, as it is indeed a meal of its own. You can get them at kiosks in Frontierland along the Rivers of America.
3) And of course, the Dole Whip. You didn’t think I’d leave that one off, did you? Aloha Isle at the entrance to Adventureland is one of very few WDW locations that offer this delightfully refreshing pineapple softserve. It’s creamy and smooth, yet light and fluffy. You can also get it as a Dole Whip Float—the famous ice cream served in pineapple juice. It comes in other flavors too, but who gets those?
Were your favorite Magic Kingdom snacks on this list? If not, tell us what you like!
- My Top 5 Magic Kingdom Traditions (chipandco.com)
- Ask Us A Disney Question – Most Romantic Disney Photo Spots (chipandco.com)
What is it?
A jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel
Why you want it-
It is a delicious soft baked jalapeno bread stuffed with lots of melted cheese! Despite it’s name it’s not super spicy but the bread does have a little kick of flavor.It’s perfect for a quick but filling snack.They are $4.29 OR if you are using the Disney Dining Plan it is 1 Snack Credit.
If you have a Disney Food Confession email me at email@example.com. Let me know the What, Where, and Why you love it so much. We would love to feature your picture and link to your website or blog if you have one.
- Downtown Disney: 5 Snacks Worth a Visit (chipandco.com)
- Disney Food Confession: Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup (chipandco.com)
Every photo has a story.
Walt Disney World pastry chefs use a classic gingerbread recipe from Austria to create their gingerbread delights. The GF Gingerbread House is so large, you can purchase the Bake Shop’s mini gingerbread houses, ornaments and cookies from the merchandise shop set up right inside the house. This snack-filled gift shop usually operates from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. from mid-November through December 31st.
Picture this…the GF Gingerbread House is whipped up every year from scratch using 800 pounds of flour, 600 pounds of powdered sugar, 1,050 pounds of honey, and 180 pounds of apricot glaze. It takes about 400 hours to bake everything, and by everything, I mean the upwards of 10,000 pieces it takes to complete the mouth-watering 16-foot-tall piece of culinary architecture.
Want to learn some neat tips for creating your own holiday gingerbread masterpiece? Grand Floridian Gingerbread House decorating demos are held Monday through Saturday right out in front of the victorian Gingerbread House. You’ll need to bring your Disney Rewards Visa, because with all these sweet-treat options, you probably won’t walk away empty handed. You’ll want to bring your camera as well.
Thanks for stopping by for a photographical Disney ride!
Do you have any fabulous Disney vacation pictures you’d like to share? Drop by and share your photos on facebook at Mouze Kateerz. Take a virtual Disney vacation twice a day in photographs. Or shoot me an email of your favorite Disney location at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stitch gets his own Gingerbread House at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)
- Fun facts about Christmas at Walt Disney World Resort (chipandco.com)