Tag Archives: Disney Snacks
I don’t know about you, but I like to hit Disney’s Animal Kingdom as soon as it opens in the morning. I grab a quick bagel and coffee at the Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery and head for my favorite rides like Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids
By about 11 am, I am usually done with my “must-do” rides, and am ready for a late morning snack. Where do I head? Well, I check out these Top 5 Animal Kingdom Snack Spots:
Yak and Yeti – This counter service location in Animal Kingdom’s Asia offers some truly unique meal options, and their snacks are special too! Grab an egg roll, or a basket of fries, or some banana pudding or chocolate mousse to satisfy your sweet tooth. Beer (Bud Light and Safari Amber) as well as assorted soft drinks are available here as well
Kusafari Coffee Shop and Bakery – Over in Africa you will find this “sweet spot” that offers breakfast items as well as some delicious fresh baked goods like srownies, white chocolate elephant cupcakes (link), cookies, coffee beverages, and bottled drinks too
Campfire Treats – Camp Mickey/Minnie is a great place for the kids, and it’s a great place to grab a snack too! This kiosk offers funnel cakes, as well as soft serve cones and dishes, floats, worm n’dirt sundaes, and strawberry shortcake
Harambe Fruit Market – This is really more of a fruit stand, it offers apples/oranges/bananas, as well as mixed fruit cups and pineapple bites. Pick up some trail mix or a soft pretzel to boost your energy levels, and don’t forget a frozen lemonade to help beat that Florida heat!
Dino Bite Snacks – If you have worked up an appetite enjoying all that Dinoland has to offer, then head to this snack stand for a fresh hot churro, or an old fashioned hot fudge sundae, waffle cone, or ice cream cooke sandwich! You can always skip the ice cream and enjoy a cookie or chips with a soft drink or coffee too
So what’s the best snack that Animal Kingdom has to offer? Personally, I love the Brownie Paw at Kusafari – thick fudgey brownie base, covered with a chocolate ganache and then topped with a nice thick layer of vanilla buttercream frosting
But, the drinks offered at the various kiosks and carts in the Park are a close second – a brownie and a margarita may not sound like they go together, but trust me, they do.
But everyone has their favorites, so I would love to know what YOU think!
- Events and Tours you don’t want to miss at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Disney to Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Disney’s Animal Kingdom April 22 (chipandco.com)
Leave it to the creative pastry chefs at Disney’s Hollywood Studios to come up with adorable, delicious confections for the holidays.
March 8 – March 17: Check out the clever St. Patrick’s Day chocolate cupcake, iced with green-tinted peppermint buttercream and topped with a white chocolate hat (also St. Paddy’s green). Mickey ears are the perfect finish, two round Vanilla wafers dipped in dark chocolate.
March 18 – March 31: Almost too pretty to eat (but not quite) is the pineapple-coconut cupcake for Easter, yellow cake with white buttercream, coconut shavings and colorful confetti, with a pair of adorable, white chocolate bunny ears and pink polka-dot bowtie perched on top.
- Who Would Not Want a Disney World Personal Shopper? (chipandco.com)
- Hollywood Studios Snack Attack – Where To Head When Hunger Hits (chipandco.com)
So you’re spending the day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and you already had lunch, but you’re starving and about to have a meltdown (we’ve all been there!), and dinner is hours away…so what do you do? I recommend you take a break and grab a snack at one of these Top 5 Hollywood Studios Snack Spots:
1. Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner – Head over to the this spot in the Echo Lake area of HS for some delicious milkshakes, and the infamous pretzel hot dogs and italian sausages served with peppers and onions. Need something to quench your thirst on a hot Orlando day? I recommend a frozen lemonade to go with that pretzel dog.
2. Tune In Lounge - Located adjacent to the 50′s Prime Time Cafe in the Echo Lake Area, this lounge serves up some killer bloody marys, and an assortment of other adult beverages. Plus you can order drinks and food selections off the Prime Time Cafe menu, like their infamously delicious PB&J Milkshake. The Lounge is open daily from 11am-10:30 pm for your drinking and dining pleasure.
3. High Octane Refreshments – Between the Backlot Tour and the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Play Area you’ll find this stand that may not exactly be a “snack” spot, but it IS attached to the Studio Catering Company counter service eatery which serves up sandwiches and salads to the hungry HS lunch crowds. High Octane is the “liquid” refreshment portion of this restaurant, serving up a “High Octane” Long Island Iced Tea, and a “Stoplight Margarita” which is a delicious layered green, yellow and red fruity drink that really packs a punch. Stop here from 11:30 am- 5:30 pm to give it a go.
4. Writer’s Stop – Located near the Sci-Fi Dine In Theater, this quaint little spot is a great cool spot to relax (the AC is always blasting, perfect place to go on a hot day!), and it is reminiscent of a little privately owned bookshop, where you can buy merchandise, books, oh and snacks too – their bakery case is alway stocked with muffins, cookies, cupcakes, and the infamous carrot cake cookie (a GIANT cookie sandwich with cream cheese frosting in the middle!) is available here, as well as assorted coffee drinks. Its a great place to stop and grab a bite and take a break!
5. Starring Roles – You’ll find this little Cafe on Sunset Boulevard serving up sandwiches, sushi, wines, coffee drinks, sodas and other beverages. However, I must say, the “Star” of this show has to the their baked goods – from eclairs, to tarts and fudge, cheesecake, and some truly amazing cupcakes – I highly recommend you head over to Starring Roles between 9am and 4pm to use up some of those snack credits! You can also grab breakfast here when the Park opens.
So If these are the best PLACES to grab a snack at Hollywood Studios, then what, exactly, is the BEST SNACK? Well, in my personal opinion, it HAS to be the Butterfinger Cupcake available at Starring Roles
It’s a chocolate cupcake with a dense fudge filling thats piled high with fluffy vanilla frosting and a hard chocolate shell that is covered in Butterfinger candy pieces….aka HEAVEN, all for the price of one little snack credit
…And if you happen to be between WDW trips and going through butterdfinger cupcake withdrawal, then try your hand at making your own for a little bit of the Disney Magic at home!
What about you – Where do you like to grab a bite while at Hollywood Studios?
- Disney Foodie Favorites – SNACKS! (chipandco.com)
- Tables in Wonderland:The Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
Are you a Disney foodie?
You know… do you think about where you’re going to eat on your next trip while your countdown is still going for your current trip? Do you have a list of must have snacks, and check them off as you go? Do you plan your park day around where you going to eat later? Are you sure to be up and ready to dial or click at 7am to get into Cinderella’s Castle or Ohana’s? Do you make everyone in your group wait while you snap a picture of their food before they touch it?
If you answered yes to any of those or all of these, then yes my friend you are a Disney foodie! Even if you didn’t, no worries you can be a Disney Foodie in no time, it’s easy and you might be one and not even know it!
Now don’t get me wrong, I love to cook, from simple things that take no time at all, to cooking Martha Stewart style plus searching various websites for recipes and dinner help, BUT when I am on vacation I want someone else cooking for me! So its breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks out!