Tag Archives: Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade
Walt Disney World is an escape from reality, my own personal Neverland if you will; and ever since my first visit, the real world and other vacations I have taken have failed to measure up! To put it simply, Walt Disney World has spoiled me! How? Read for yourself my top 10 ways and maybe you will find that you’ve been spoiled too!
10. Permission to Behave Like My Kids-Disney World has taught me that skipping, screaming, pointing, and wearing Mouse Ears is perfectly acceptable no matter age you are. Seriously, no one bats an eye if they see a middle-aged businessman wearing a hat and dreadlocks like Captain Jack Sparrow at the Magic Kingdom; but back in the real world, I’ve discovered that such behavior is frowned upon. Weird, right? Yeah, I don’t get it either.
9. Christmas Lights-If you have ever been to WDW around Christmas, you know what I’m talking about here! This is especially true if you have witnessed the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This is seriously one of the best lighting displays ever which has been synchronized to music and features artificial, falling snow! Ever since I saw this awesome holiday display for myself, any other Christmas lights display I’ve seen since simply hasn’t compared.
We’ve been sharing updates on the upcoming Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade taking place at the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, and tomorrow everyone will get to enjoy the magic when the parade airs Christmas morning on ABC. While the parade is a spectacle on its own, I recently found something that I think will up the fun factor even more.
Our friends at Spoonful.com have created a Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade Bingo game, in which your family can compete in a classic round of Bingo while enjoying the parade. You could even create special prizes using other treat and craft ideas in the Christmas section of Spoonful.com.
- 2012 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade Taping Schedule (chipandco.com)
- Stars Come out for the Disneyland Shooting of the 2012 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade on ABC (chipandco.com)
Lady Antebellum Headlines Star-Studded Special with Backstreet Boys, Colbie Caillat, Brad Paisley, Yolanda Adams, Classic Holiday Characters & Favorite Disney Friends on the 29th Annual Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade!
Music, magic and merriment come together when Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida present the 29th annual “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” holiday TV special, airing December 25 on the ABC Television Network. Hosts Nick Cannon and Mario Lopez, along with co-host Maria Menounos, lead the two-hour telecast with GRAMMY® Award-winning trio Lady Antebellum headlining the seasonal celebration. Joining the trio during the coast-to-coast party are international superstars Backstreet Boys, soulful pop songstress Colbie Caillat, CMA Award winner Brad Paisley, Christian music chart-topper TobyMac, “American Idol” Season 11 champion Phillip Phillips, Gospel legend Yolanda Adams and Disney Channel star Ross Lynch.
The award-winning television spectacular also features special appearances by Sarah Hyland, Nolan Gould and Aubrey Emmons-Anderson from ABC’s hit comedy “Modern Family,” actor Patrick Warburton, Olympic Gold Medal-winning gymnast Gabrielle Douglas, and the popular pint-sized duo from daytime TV, Sophia Grace & Rosie. Travel expert and television personality Samantha Brown checks in throughout the program, filling families in on the fun they can experience at Disney Parks in the upcoming year. Brown also will share other ways to vacation with Disney, including Aulani – A Disney Resort & Spa in Hawaii, Adventures by Disney and Disney Cruise Line.
Don’t Miss a Moment of the Magic!
Tune-in times are as follows, on the ABC Television Network (check local listings):
- Eastern Standard Time: 10 a.m.-noon
- Central, Mountain, Pacific Standard Time: 9-11 a.m.
The show also will air in Canada on CBC Network, and across the globe on the American Forces Network.
Viewers can visit disney.go.com/christmasparade for updates on the show and join the social media conversation before and during the telecast with the hashtag, #DisneyParade.
After the stars came out last month at the Disneyland Resort during the west coast taping of the Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade, the spotlight shifted to Walt Disney World Resort for its annual TV taping at the Magic Kingdom Park.
It’s all in preparation for December 25, when the award-winning parade telecast airs nationwide on the ABC Television Network from 10 a.m.-noon in the Eastern time zone, and 9-11 a.m. in the Central, Mountain, Pacific time zones. The show also will air in Canada on CBC Network, and around the globe on the American Forces Network.
It was feeling a lot like Christmas at Disneyland park this weekend, as Disney shot segments for the 2012 Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade. Here’s a look at what you can expect when the special airs December 25 on ABC-TV.
Anchoring the whole Disneyland Resort side of the production was host Mario Lopez – who will give viewers the play-by-play from Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A.
Disney Channel star Ross Lynch sang and danced his way down the street, performing his holiday tune, “Christmas Soul” from “Austin & Ally.”