Tag Archives: Disney Dining
Everything about Walt Disney World travel is an attraction. From the bus ride all of the way to nighttime celebrations, you should feel like everything has an element of fun. The average Walt Disney World traveler will spend many hours planning out their vacation itinerary and much of that time will be spent on planning where in the “world” to eat!!
Enjoy this quick list of best Disney Dining selections!!
Located at the top floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, California Grill offers stunning views of Magic Kingdom as well as spectacular views of the nighttime fireworks celebration, Wishes. In addition to the wonderful views you will also be treated to superb affair.
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a popular, deluxe resort at Walt Disney World. Since it opened in 1994, guests have been enjoying this adventurous yet noble resort and all of its offerings. While there is a lot to see, do, and appreciate about Wilderness Lodge, check out my top 5 best things about this fantastic Disney resort!
1. Theme - Part of Wilderness Lodge’s appeal is its Pacific Northwest theme. When you stay or visit Wilderness Lodge, you truly feel as if you have left central Florida for a retreat at one of our nation’s national parks. It’s like two vacations in one! Where else can you experience the wonders of the West in comfort and luxury with a Disney twist!
2. Price - While Wilderness Lodge is a deluxe resort with close proximity to the Magic Kingdom, it typically runs cheaper than the majority of other deluxe resorts. Part of the reason for this is because Wilderness Lodge does not provide monorail transportation and the rooms are smaller in comparison to other deluxe rooms. However, for guests and families on a budget, this resort is a little more economical while still offering the deluxe experience and its benefits.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom may not be open as long as many of the other parks but they do pack in as much as they can in the hours that is available. While walking around I know I get hungry. We often get asked from fans, Are there many Quick Service choices for Dining in Disney’s Animal Kingdom? My answer would be, most definitely, and it’s some of the best food I’ve found in the Walt Disney World Parks.
Here is a rundown of what you can find throughout the park for snacks, a quick bite or a full meal. There are carts scattered all over the park, with often one item and beverages being the only options. Also a great choice are kiosks with no seating provided, but with plenty available nearby, usually 3 or more choices with beverages. Lastly there are full Quick Service plazas with dining, restroom facilities and plenty of indoor/outdoor seating.
Why include the carts and kiosks? Well, sometimes snacking around the Animal Kingdom is the best way. There are tons of nooks to grab a table and enjoy your surroundings.
- The Beastly Kiosk-Offers corn dogs, chips and beverage choices. Perfect if you are looking for quick eats as you enter the park.
- Safari Coffee-One of several kiosks near the tree of life. Perfect for an early morning stop, Safari Coffee offers coffee, espresso beverages, breakfast pastry and cupcakes. Seating is available nearby.
- Safari Ice Cream, Popcorn and Pretzels-Three kiosks located right before the entrance to Africa. Here you will find hand scooped ice cream, popcorn and stuffed pretzels. All serve water and soft drinks. The popcorn kiosk also serves beer.
- Flame Tree Barbecue- A Full Quick Service option near the road towards Dinoland, USA. The menu consists of house-smoked specialties; including ribs, pork and chicken. Salads and beverages are available. Seating is an outdoor, partially covered pavillion with amazing views of Everest.
- Pizzafari-Also a Full Quick Service option on the path towards Camp Mickey and Minnie. Both breakfast aand lunch are served here. Another benefit is indoor (aka air-conditioned) and outdoor seating. Breakfast options include Eggs, French Toast, Frittatas and Fresh Fruit. Lunch offers Pizza, Sandwiches and Salads.
For those of you who think Disney is just Theme Parks and rides and characters, think again! Disney is MUCH more, and one of their more recent expansions is their Disney’s Aulani Resort on the island of O’ahu in beautiful Hawaii. It’s an amazing place, and well worth the cost. So what can you expect on your trip to Aulani? Read on to find out!
Accommodations – These rooms are among the nicest I have ever seen, featuring 2 queen beds or 1 king bed, a TV/DVD player, refrigerator, deep soaking tub, and a private porch/balcony. Different views are available, as are fancier suites (for a higer price, of course). The one downside might be that for those of us who are used to Walt Disney World Value Resorts, the room prices might be somewhat of a shock, with standard rooms starting around the $300 range and going up from there (depending on the time of year you are traveling). However, with the rooms and amenities being so nice, it might just be worth the cost!
Tables in Wonderland is Disney’s version of a paid discount card. You can use it at most Table Service Restaurants and is a good alternative to using the Disney Dining Plan. TIW membership includes Theme Park restaurants like The Crystal Palace and Pizzafari, Character Dining, and even upscale Resort restaurants like California Grill. Join this culinary club which boasts a buffet of benefits. It’s the ultimate food lover’s feast.
- 20% discount on all food and beverages, including alcohol, at over 100 participating Theme Park and Resort restaurants (discount is valid for a party of up to 10 Guests including the member)
- Complimentary Resort Valet and Theme Park parking for dining purposes
- Invitations to members-only special events, such as happy hours, dessert parties, dinners and many more!
- And more!
We have been members for years and when I read the price increase yesterday I was upset and debating if it is worth it to be honest.
Here are the details: