Tag Archives: Disney characters
I’m sure many of you have seen the picture going around Facebook that shows if you yell “Andy’s coming” in front of any of the Toy Story characters, they will fall down. Which is untrue. Disney put a stop to that as it was scaring small children. Not to mention for the cast members in the costume getting up and down is hard work. For full details check out this article on the Orlando Sentinel.
Having said that did you know there are phrases you can say to other Disney Characters at the Disney World and Disneyland theme parks to elicit a fun response?
For the princesses:
- Ask Ariel if you can be a mermaid
- Ask Aurora if she likes to take naps
- Ask Belle for a book recommendation
- Tell Belle that Beast is very big and scary
- Give Snow White an apple
- Complement any of the Princesses on their dresses
Did you know that Minnie Mouse has over 200 different outfits? Well, she’s just added one more costume to her wardrobe! Minnie Mouse received a Lanvin makeover at Disneyland Paris. Minnie Mouse has moved beyond her red and white polka dot dress to a more mature look. Lanvin’s designer Alber Elbaz created a long-sleeve blue frock topped with a red crown for Minnie to model at special events at Disneyland Paris. Minnie Mouse displayed her new look on the runway at a catwalk show on Saturday at Disneyland Paris.
“Walt Disney was the one that actually designed Minnie. It’s the first time an actual designer has come into the picture and designed a dress for her,” said Elbaz. ”It was a great challenge and responsibility to do. I just wanted her to shine… I wanted to give her a crown in red, and the dress in blue, (a signature) for Lanvin.”
The dress seemed to get approval from the celebrity-filled front row including actress Virginie Ledoyen and model Natalia Vodianova. However, not all fans are crazy it. This new look won’t completely replace Minnie’s classic dress though. She will still don that for normal events at the park.
Minnie did at least keep her curvy figure with Lanvin’s design unlike Barney’s New York’s images that had attempted to lengthen the beloved character.
“We’re not here to transform people,” Elbaz explained. “We love her the way she is.”
What do you think of Minnie Mouse’s new look? Do you prefer this over her classic red and white polka dots?
Are you ready to plan your next Disney parks vacation? I’d love to help!
- Ratatouille Ride is Coming to Disneyland Paris (chipandco.com)
- Star Wars Land at Disneyland? (chipandco.com)
Chances are that if you are like myself and the other writers here at Chip and Co., you are a Disney Addict. We have yet to find a cure, but the symptoms of this condition are rather obvious. Most likely your own friends and family have pointed them out to you or questioned your sanity time or two. Still not sure? Check out my Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re an Disney Addict.
2. You sing the theme to Wishes when watching your town’s 4th of July fireworks display.
3. You ask your family members at least once a day, “where we be right now if we were at Disney?”
4. You get excited when you drive past an airport.
5. You hum the Twilight Zone theme when you board an elevator.
Hey there guys and gals, guess who? It’s me…that’s right your answer to the maze that is Disney gossip… Anonymouse here. Today I have a juicy morsel of information for you…which is better than the juicy bit of whatever it was that was stuck in Chimp’s…err I mean Chip’s teeth earlier.
Anyway, moving on to the more important piece of info…a new permanent (for now because nothing really is permanent in Disney) character meet and greet location is coming to Epcot and more specifically, to the France Pavilion. If you remember last week we talked about Front of the Park Meet & Greet in Epcot this week we have even more Character News!
Chances are that if you are like myself and the other writers here at Chip and Co., you are a Disney Addict. If you already know you are you should join us on our Disney Addict Facebook Page. We have yet to find a cure, but the symptoms of this condition are rather obvious. Most likely your own friends and family have pointed them out to you or questioned your sanity time or two. Still not sure? Check out my Top 10 Ways to Know If You’re a Disney Addict.
2. You sing the theme to Wishes when watching any 4th of July fireworks display. (I did this earlier this month)
3. You ask your family members at least once a day, “where we be right now if we were at Disney?” (This usually happens to me when I’m hungry and my answer is usually Le Cellier).
4. You get excited when you drive past an airport. (This happens to me every time!)
5. You hum the Twilight Zone theme when you board an elevator. (Only when I’m alone. If not, I hum it in my mind or quote Rod Serling’s lines to myself)
6. You watch the free Disney planning DVD’s just for fun. (Done this several times; and if you’re reading this, I’m sure you have too!)
7. You find hidden Mickeys everywhere! (It’s true)
8. No one asks you anymore about where you’re going on vacation. (It’s no longer a question of where, it’s when. Otherwise, I just don’t bring it up to avoid their puzzled expressions and an awkward moment)
9. You quote lines from Disney films in everyday conversation. (Who doesn’t?)
10. You name your pets after Disney characters. (Don’t judge)
Have you shown any of these symptoms? If so, you are probably an Disney Addict so be sure to comment below and share with others who share your condition. Don’t forgot to stop by our Facebook Page and meet other addicts like yourself!
- Put a Little Disney in Your Day: Target’s Disney Artist Collection (aglassslippervacation.com)
- If you got a specialized Disney car tag, what would it say? (pics.chipandco.com)