Tag Archives: Club Penguin
Do we have any Club Penguin fans? What about Marvel super hero fans? Well, penguins are now assembling as Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains in Disney’s Club Penguin for this year’s all-new Marvel Super Hero Takeover event. Disney’s Club Penguin is the number one virtual world for kids. Penguins are called to defend the city of Penguintropolis by bringing members dressed as Marvel Super Villains to justice before they take over. Members will first choose sides and then can suit up in over 25 Marvel costumes.
“Last year’s partnership event with Marvel was extremely popular, and at that time, became the most-trafficked event in our history,” said Chris Heatherly, Vice President and General Manager, Disney Interactive Worlds. “This year we’ve made the Marvel Super Hero Takeover Event even more epic for players with twice the amount of Marvel Super Hero and Super Villain costume options and deeper, more action-packed gameplay and storylines.”
As Hollywood’s biggest stars hit the red carpet, Club Penguin players are invited to star in the all-new Hollywood Party, which will transform the Island into the entertainment capital of the world. With three different movie sets, all players can start their claim to fame by becoming movie directors and members can work their way towards becoming film superstars. In typical Hollywood fashion, at the end of the event there will be a star-studded awards show where penguins can waddle the red carpet and members will have the chance to win highly coveted Club Penguin awards.
Club Penguin Hollywood Party activities will include:
- Directors and Superstars: Penguins can aim for fame by directing movies and taking snapshots of superstars to earn points and items as directors. Members can see their names in lights and perform their way to epic stardom by acting in musicals and sci-fi and action movies, earning exclusive rewards along the way.
- Hollywood Fashion: The new Hollywood party catalog has award-winning outfits like a diamond gown, a space astro suit and a rugged jacket.
- Penguin Celebrity Appearances: DJ Cadence will stop by the Island to choreograph the musical production numbers, while martial arts expert, Sensei, brings his talents to assist members in their action movie performances. Lucky penguins might also have the chance to work on film special effects with sci-fi fan, Gary the Gadget Guy and attend a meet & greet with Aunt Arctic.
- Movie Studio Igloos: Members can transform their igloos into blockbuster Hollywood studios with movie-inspired furniture and decorations.
- Glitzy Red Carpet Event: At this black tie affair, directors, photographers and fans will rub shoulders with Club Penguin’s hottest stars.
- Star-Studded Award Shows: With three award shows, directors and superstars can attend the hottest events of the season. Lucky members that obtain the elusive superstar status can win special Club Penguin statuettes.
Whether Tara is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- Club Penguin Releases Album “The Party Starts Now” (chipandco.com)
- Tables in Wonderland:The Great Movie Ride Dinner at Disney’s Hollywood Studios (chipandco.com)
Club Penguin and Walt Disney Records have just released The Party Starts Now, the first-ever EP from the #1 virtual world for kids. Featuring six tracks, The Party Starts Now, includes all of Club Penguin’s hit singles from throughout the year, as well as a new song and a never-before-released bonus track. The EP is now available wherever music is sold, as well as through digital retail including iTunes, Google Play and Amazon.
When released in fall of 2012, “The Party Starts Now” single held the #1 spot on the iTunes Children’s music chart for multiple weeks in a row and the corresponding music video currently has over 2 million views on YouTube. The EP will also include other top Club Penguin songs like “Ghosts Just Wanna Dance” and “Anchors Aweigh,” as well as the new track, “Puffle Party (Gotta Have a Wingman).” And for the first time, players will be able to own a copy of the never-before-released bonus track and YouTube song sensation, “Dubstep Puffle.”
Club Penguin players are changing the world through online play this holiday season as part of the sixth annual Coins for Change event. Running from December 20 to January 2, the Coins for Change program helps players celebrate the true meaning of the holidays by donating the virtual coins that they earn playing games online in Club Penguin to real-world causes that matter to them. For this year’s event, Club Penguin will host the biggest virtual bake sale ever, with players baking millions of in-game cookies and then buying cookies using their virtual coins to determine where Club Penguin will contribute its annual $1M USD donation.
Penguins can participate in the virtual bake sale by visiting the all new bakery and cooking up three different kinds of cookies to benefit Coins for Change. At the end of the event, players’ virtual donations from the bake sale will serve as votes to determine how Club Penguin will divide its $1M USD contribution among the pre-selected charitable projects. The votes determine the percentage of donations made in three areas: providing medical help, building safe places and protecting the earth.
To reward players for participating in Coins for Change, when they virtually buy the special bake sale cookies, they will be transformed into new holiday characters for a short period of time. All players can transform into toy cars, while members are rewarded by transforming into reindeer puffles and ‘frost bites,’ which allow them to temporarily freeze in-world items.
Spoonful and Club Penguin aren’t the only ghost hosts at Disney Interactive this month. Leading up to Halloween, players who dare will find exclusive Halloween chapters and collectibles across many of Playdom’s top games. Check out some of the these special promotions today:
- Disney’s Ghosts of Mistwood is now more ghastly than ever with four new Halloween locations like the Candy Apple Forest and limited edition devilish décor on Facebook. Playdom.com players can enjoy these spine chilling specials starting tomorrow. Additionally, as a part of the ‘Pretty Little Liars 5 Days of Gifting’ in-game promotion on Facebook, players still have time to investig-‘A’-te the Ghost Train from the Pretty Little Liars Halloween special, premiering on ABC Family last night.
- Gardens of Time gets gruesome with a new Halloween-themed Time Crystal chapter where players can explore spooky buildings like the Haunted Mansion and collect limited edition items like the Disney Parks inspired Hitchhiking Ghosts.
- Marvel fans in Marvel: Avengers Alliance will celebrate the holiday with the new Spec Ops mission featuring Ghost Rider on Facebook and Playdom.com along with free Pumpkin Bombs for Facebook gamers.
- In Disney Animal Kingdom Explorers, adventurers can build a Haunted Tent and rescue Black Cats, Scarecrows and other spooky critters in the new Halloween Animal Rescue chapter.
- Still looking for more treats? Brave players can also explore a new Dia De Los Muertos location in Gnome Town, creep around the Dead Forest in Armies of Magic, and play the new Halloween Gem chapter in Blackwood & Bell Mysteries.
- Getting into the Halloween Spirit with Disney’s Spoonful.com (chipandco.com)
- Get into the Halloween Spirit with a month free of Disney Family Movies (chipandco.com)