Tag Archives: Chip
Planning, Budgeting, and Saving for Walt Disney World Vacations are a way of life at the Chip and Co Household. I am constantly looking for ways to save some extra money so I can make yet another trip to our home away from home.
Each time we go to Disney World we learn some type of new tip and trick to saving money at the parks. While many of these tips work if you are not on the Disney Dining Plan there are still some options for you if you are an avid DDP user. So lets take a look at my ways to help you save money while at WDW.
- First thing I want to mention is water. Did you know you can get water at all Quick Service locations for free? You just walk up there and ask them for a cup of ice water. It is a Florida State law now so save your snack credits/money and just drink water. Bring Mio Water Enhancers to flavor up your water or even Crystal Light packets are small enough to fit in your pockets.
- We all love Kona Cafe. I for one fell in love with Tonga Toast. But did you know just downstairs in the Polynesian Resort at Captain Cooks you can get Tonga Toast for a lot less. Great to grab when you are in a hurry. The menu is pretty limited and there is no Kona Coffee but still if you didn’t want to do the full table service sit down meal just do the Quick Service alternative.
Now is your chance to own a piece of history. Ok not really but the Chip and Co T-Shirt Store is now open for business.
We have partnered up with a great company Embroid Me out of NJ to offer to you some great high quality Chip and Co Gear to sport around the Disney Parks. We have T-Shirts, Polos, Hoodies, you name it.
Also we are offering you a chance to design your own T-Shirts for your Disney Vacations or fun outing. Our friends at Embroid Me can work with you to design anything you like. Their contact info is at the bottom of the store page.
Just click here to check us out and order your Chip and Co shirt today. Or you can click Store at the top of the page.
P.S. – I am working on a design for our Disney Addicts page so you can get your Disney Addict gear really soon.
- The Walt Disney Studios Release Schedule Update for 2014 and beyond (chipandco.com)
- All New 2013 Walt Disney World Park Maps (chipandco.com)
If you are one of many DYING for Disney to release Free Dining Packages for 2013 then this is an article for you!
Sign up today for our email list and be the FIRST to get an email when those rates are released.
Chip and Co. has decided to start a list of those interested in free dining offers for 2013 . By submitting your information for this list you will be the FIRST to get a direct email from us telling you that 2013 Free Dining has been released.
You can also include what you are looking for in a package (how many adults, children with their ages, resort interests, etc) and then in that email a quote will come through too in order to save you time.
Signing up for this is EASY, just send an email to Lesley@pixievacations.com and in the subject line type “Chip and Co. Free Dining 2013” and you will officially be on the list. That is ALL we need. If you do want a quote submitted back to you then in the message type up what kind of quote you would be interested in. If you DO book one of these offers you will receive a $25 Disney gift card and personalized Disney tote you have seen featured here on Chip and Co. as a thank you gift : )
I hope that I am able to send out these emails soon…………fingers crossed!
Lesley is a travel agent with Pixie Vacations. If you are interested in booking a Disney vacation email her at Lesley@PixieVacations.com or check her out at www.destinationmagic.com . Lesley will make all of your dining reservations and give you a personalized itinerary for FREE as a part of her service to you.
- Save up to 35% off at Disney World January 2-March 7th 2013 (chipandco.com)
- Disney Visa Holder 2013 Discount Available! (chipandco.com)
For many of us the trips we plan to Disney are about making memories, family time and good old-fashioned fun. For our kids it’s about all that…and the souvenirs. Let’s face it Disney is pretty good at tempting us adults too! They have exclusive Park Only merchandise and the cutest little sweatshirts, stuffed toys, trading pins…OH MY! I could go on and on. They have not been in business for this long without knowing how to merchandise. Here are a few tips to keep your wallet happy as well as your kids (and you).
1. Buy Before You Go. Check out the Disney Store or Disneystore.com for small gifts you know your kids will enjoy. The key here is small as you are going to bring them with you on your trip. Little princess cell phones, McQueen bouncy balls, stuffed Tiggers are all good ideas. Looking for these items on sale is the objective. Even other stores like Target, Kohl’s or Toys R Us carry Disney items. Pick up what you can and put it aside. Tip: If you are flying and have so much of this stuff that you require an extra piece of luggage, you probably aren’t saving money. If it makes sense you can also mail packages to your resort ahead of time. Again weigh the cost here of shipping.
After testing cameras on a couple of buses, Walt Disney Transportation has decided to install four cameras in every bus in the fleet. For the safety of everyone aboard, three will be exterior, while one will be interior.
I recently saw one of the buses in the test run. It appears that at least one camera is focused on the load zones of the buses. I do hope this will cut down on some of the rowdiness at the bus stops.
How do you feel about cameras on buses? Do you think other modes of transportation, buses and monorails, need interior cameras?
Lisa writes here at Chip & Co. as well as her blog Adventures in Mousedom. As a local to Disney World, she offers a different insight into visiting the parks. If you’re super cool like Chip, you should check it out. Okay, even if you’re not super cool like Chip, you should check it out. Trust me. What could go wrong?Photo courtesy of Jodi at Magical Mouse Schoolhouse
- Disney World’s Transportation System is Making Some Minor Changes (chipandco.com)
- Taking the buses for CRT (passporterboards.com)