Tag Archives: Chip n Dale
When most people think of Disney they don’t think of seeing a movie, but there are some resorts that offer a nightly Outdoor Disney Movie on a huge screen usually by the pool or in special areas at the various Disney Resorts. Best of all it is 100% FREE!
Here is a list of the resorts where you can see a different Disney movie, usually on most nights of the week. Schedules can change so check ahead with the resort before you head on over.
- The most popular one is The Fort Wilderness Campground and Resort. They have a bonfire and you can purchase,or bring your own S’mores kits. They also have a campfire Sing-A-Long with Chip and Dale.
- Wilderness Lodge also shows a Nightly movie by the beach
- The Grand Floridian
- The Polynesian
- The Contemporary Resort
- The Animal Kingdom Lodge
- The Beach Club Resort
- The Yacht Club Resort
- The Boardwalk Resort
- Old Key West Resort
- Saratoga Springs Resort
- Port Orleans Resort
- Coronado Springs Resort
- Caribbean Beach Resort
- All Star Resorts ( all )
- Art of Animation
- The Pop Century
Chip’s Tips: All of the resorts mentioned show a different movie every night so please check with the resort for showtime and title. Most times if you head to concierge desk they can make a few calls for you. There are also websites that list out all the movies ahead of time.
One common misconception is that you need to be staying at the resort to enjoy these movies. If the guards let you in you can go and enjoy the movie with everyone else with no questions asked.
So grab a snack, a drink, and a blanket and enjoy a Outdoor Disney Movie under the stars.
Sunshine is a Disney fanatic. You will find her counting the days until she goes back to Disney, while annoying her daughter with all things Disney.
- Working Out at Walt Disney World (chipandco.com)
- January 2013 Fort Wilderness Movie Schedule (chipandco.com)
Last month I shared with you the details of taking your family to the Campfire Sing-A-Long and outdoor movie at Fort Wilderness. This is such a fun and unique FREE activity at Walt Disney World. Spend some time sitting around the campfire, get your photo made with Chip and Dale, sing a few songs with a cast member playing guitar and end the night watching one of your favorite Disney movies under the stars! If you want to spend money, you can buy snacks at the snack bar.
Here is the movie schedule for December:
December 1 - Toy Story 3
December 2 - Cinderella
December 3 - Tangled (PG)
December 4 - Secret of the Wings
December 5 - Lilo and Stitch (PG)
December 6 - Finding Nemo
December 7 - The Muppet Christmas Carol
December 8 - Brave (PG)
December 9 - Lady and the Tramp
December 10 - The Santa Clause
December 11 - Toy Story
December 12 - I’ll Be Home For Christmas
December 13 - Up (PG)
December 14 - The Princess and the Frog
December 15 - Toy Story 3
December 16 - Cinderella
December 17 - Tangled (PG)
December 18 - Secret of the Wings
December 19 - Lilo and Stitch (PG)
December 20 - Finding Nemo
December 21 - The Muppet Christmas Carol
December 22 - Brave (PG)
December 23 - Lady and the Tramp
December 24 - The Santa Clause
December 25 - Toy Story
December 26 - I’ll Be Home For Christmas
December 27 - Up (PG)
December 28 - The Princess and the Frog
December 29 - Toy Story 3
December 30 - Cinderella
December 31 - Tangled (PG)
Which movie do you want to see at Fort Wilderness?
- Taking the family to an Outdoor Movie and Sing-along at Fort Wilderness (chipandco.com)
- Planning an “Off Day” at Disney’s Fort Wilderness (chipandco.com)
I found some simple Thanksgiving crafts, games and table decorating ideas from Spoonful.com, Disney’s new family lifestyle site, that will help you transform your traditional Thanksgiving dinner into a fun and festive feast using items from around the house and complimentary print-outs!
From a pumpkin flower arrangement to corn-inspired napkin rings and turkey-print place cards, these simple yet stunning table decorations will be a bigger feast (for the eyes) than the meal itself! And with a little help from this Chip and Dale sign, the little ones will go nuts for a spot at the kids’ table.
Each night at the Fort Wilderness Resort, families can enjoy a night of good old-fashioned fun for FREE! At 6:30 pm the campfires are lit and families can sit by the fire and roast marshmallows. You can bring marshmallows from home or purchase them at the Chuckwagon Snack Bar for $4 a bag and roasting sticks for $.59. You can also buy a s’mores kit for $8.99 and other snacks. At 7:00 pm a Sing-a-long starts where a cast member plays fun, kid friendly, family songs (think Hokey Pokey, If You’re Happy & You Know It, It’s a Small World, etc) and Chip and Dale make an appearance for photographs and hugs. At 7:40 pm the outdoor movie starts. Feel free to bring your own chair or use the benches or bleachers provided. Restrooms are close by and the snack bar stays open.
To get to the Fort Wilderness Outdoor Movie and Sing-a-long, you can drive, take a bus or a boat. Once at Fort Wilderness, take the Yellow Bus Line to the 1500 Stop (Meadow Trading Post and Recreation Area). Then cross the wooden bridge. The outdoor theater is past the swimming pool behind the pool building.
To get an idea of the movies here is the movie schedule for November 2012:
So many people travel to Walt Disney World and never experience any of the fun Fort Wilderness has to offer. Since 1971, the Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort have been accommodating guests on over 700 acres of wooded trails. This camping resort offers campsites for tents, pop ups and RVs and has cabins for those who don’t want to “rough it!” But, there are so many other things to do here than “camp!” Below, you will find a listing of the restaurant options, things to do around the resort and even seasonal activities. If you are needing to plan a day off during your WDW vacation, I highly suggest taking a bus or boat to Fort Wilderness and spending the day having fun with your family!
- Trail’s End Restaurant- Enjoy a buffet for breakfast or dinner and an a la carte lunch. This restaurant features pioneer style food (fried chicken, ribs, roasted meats, veggies, salad bar, soup, cobbler, and ice cream) in a rustic log cabin style decor.
- Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue- This is a dinner show featuring western dancing, singing, skits and vaudeville comedy in Pioneer Hall. You can also enjoy an all you can eat feast of American favorites: friend chicken, ribs, vegetables. baked beans, corn bread and strawberry shortcake. Reservations are suggested and pre payment is required.
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ- Enjoy an outdoor picnic with Mickey Mouse and friends in the covered open air Pavilion at Fort Wilderness. Participate in line dancing, singing to a country-western band and playing kid friendly games. Enjoy a buffet of BBQ ribs, smoked chicken, hamburgers, hotdogs, corn on the cob, watermelon and more. Due to inclement weather, this may be cancelled.
- Crockett’s Tavern- This is an outpost lounge serving pizza, nachos and more from a full service bar.