Tag Archives: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Walt Disney World. Just the name of this magical place evokes images of little girls in princess dresses, young pirates with their swords, and little faces lighting up with joy from a hug from the main man himself-Mickey Mouse. Sometimes people might think that there isn’t as much for teenagers to enjoy at Disney. After all, a ride on Small World may not be quite as exciting to a teenager as it is to a younger child. (Unless your teenager is like me at that age-I loved it then and I still love it!) But don’t worry, I have consulted my very own teenage Disney Addict to help me show that there are rides that are fun for teens too.
Here are our recommendations for rides that are sure to make any teen smile:
Space Mountain: A true Disney classic, this is a must-do on any teen’s list. While it might be considered tamer than other roller coasters, hurtling through the dark, dodging asteroids and planets add a whole different level of fun to this ever- popular ride.
- Fastpass is available and can save you a very long wait in the stand-by line
- Ride in the front of the car for the best ride
I decided I had to write some about what I want to do and not just what I have done… On a trip in the future I fully intend to spend a few nights in EVERY Disneyland Hotel Signature Suite! Have you had a chance to experience one? Let us know! Or is it on your bucket list too?
What are the Signature Suites exactly? Think of the High Roller suites in Las Vegas and you’re on the way to understanding. I may be a dreamer but I know I’ll stay in each one of the themed suites…
These rooms are located on the 11th Floor of the Adventure Tower at Disneyland Hotel. There are a total of 5 themed Signature Suites. The Mickey Mouse Penthouse, Big Thunder Suite, Pirates of the Caribbean Suite, Fairy Tale Suite, and Adventureland Suite.
Over the weekend, we told you that three of the most popular Disneyland attractions had been suddenly shut down due to OSHA citations. Well, although one has been re-opened, but the other two are still closed. The Matterhorn Bobsleds, Space Mountain, and Soarin’ Over California were closed due to failure to meet the state requirement of harnessed fall protection for any employee walkway with more than a 30 inch drop opposite a hand rail. The Matterhorn was able to re-open on Monday, but the other two are still closed indefinitely.
Refurbishment information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting. Updated information is available on the Disneyland Website.
- Mark Twain Riverboat (Disneyland) closed through 4/17/13 for refurbishment.
- Main Street Opera House / Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (Disneyland) closed through 5/2/13 for refurbishment.
- Troubadour Tavern (Disneyland) closed through 5/25/13 for refurbishment.
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (Disneyland) closed through 10/30/13 for a major refurbishment.
- Tom Sawyer’s Island Cider Mill (Disneyland) closed 4/19/13-5/2/13, 5/6/13-5/9/13, 5/13/13-5/16/13 and 5/20/13-5/23/13 for refurbishment. (The Island will remain open.)
- Matterhorn Bobsleds (Disneyland) closed 4/16/13-4/19/13 and 4/23/13-4/26/13 for testing.
- Jungle Cruise (Disneyland) closed 4/29/13-5/1/13 for deck oiling.
- Goofy’s Playhouse (Disneyland) closed 5/6/13-5/8/13 for refurbishment.
- Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes (Disneyland) closed 5/8/13-5/9/13 for refurbishment.
- Disneyland Refurbishment update for March 2013 (chipandco.com)
- Disneyland’s Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Soarin’ Closed Indefinitely Due to OSHA Citation (chipandco.com)