Tag Archives: Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Every little girl wants to be a princess, dreams of being magical. Well you can make her dreams come true in one of the most magical places at Walt Disney World, Cinderella’s Castle. This week in our Magic Kingdom’s Extra series we talk about the magical Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
A Fairy Tale Come To Life
With her magic wand—plus a few fashion tricks—your Fairy Godmother-in-training can transform you into a princess! It’s what you can expect at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, owned by Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother and operated by her skilled apprentices.
Select your hairstyle then add make-up, nail color, accessories and a Disney princess costume, if your heart desires. Memorialize this most magical of moments with a souvenir photo in a princess-themed picture holder.
Boys can join in on the fun too, as our Fairy Godmothers-in-training can transform them into heroic knights!
Despite what you may think, there are things to do at Disney that don’t require park tickets. Believe it or not, you can have a fun day at Walt Disney World packed full of Disney magic without ever passing through a turnstile. How?
Check out my Top 5 Things To Do at Disney World Without Tickets to find out!
1. Downtown Disney-Downtown Disney offers LOTS of shopping and dining! I can easily spend hours here wanding through the World of Disney, Trend-D, and the Art of Disney Kids will also enjoy Once Upon a Toy store, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, and the giant Lego store with lego statues representing Disney characters and even a family visiting Disney World! There’s also entertainment here at night which you can particpate in! Check out Guide to Downtown Disney – “Must-Sees’ for First Timers for more info!
2. Resort Hop-For a full, yet relaxing day, hop aboard the Monorail and visit some of Disney’s deluxe resorts to check out their magnificent lobbies, restaurants, shops, views, decor, and Hidden Mickeys! They are also a great place for photo ops! You can board a ferry and visit both Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, or walk from Epcot to the Yacht and Beach Club and the Boardwalk for some beautiful views, seaside decor, and dining. Check out Chip’s series of Resort Hopping 101 here.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Walt Disney World is one of the funnest extra’s you can do if you have a little girl! The salon is normally noisy and crowded but each “Fairy Godmother” treat the girls as if they are the only ones there! It is a must do for us each time we visit Walt Disney World. In order to make that happen, I have had to come up with ways to do the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on a Budget!
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique offers three different packages to choose from.
- Coach Package includes hairstyling and shimmering makeup—starting at $49.95 USD plus tax.
- Crown Package includes hairstyling, shimmering makeup and nails—starting at $54.95 USD plus tax
- Castle Package includes the Crown Package plus the Imaging Package (one 6″ x 8″ and four 4″ x 6″ photos in a princess-themed photo holder) and complete costume of your choice with accessories—starting at $189.95 USD plus tax.
We ALWAYS choose the crown package! Not only do you get the hair, makeup and nail – there is a photopass photographer going around taking your daughters picture constantly! So if you have already ordered the photopass cd, like we do, there is no need to have extra prints of these when you have already paid for them on the photopass cd.
On top of choosing the Crown Package for our daughter, we always bring a princess dress from home! We normally make a trip to our local Disney Store before our vacation and pick up a dress of her choosing. This runs us normally less than $40.00 depending on which dress she chooses and if we get accessories. That is a lot cheaper than the dresses at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique! And guess what… they treat you no different if you bring your dress from home! Just tell the ladies up front and they will arrange for you to go into the fitting room and put it on just like the girls who bought the more expensive package! It really is great, Disney does a great job of accommodating people with all types of budgets! You certainly don’t have to bring a princess dress at all. One year my daughter just wore a special outfit we picked out for her instead! Etsy is a great place to look for custom outfits and they are reasonably priced! No matter what you choose for your child to wear, your Fairy Godmother will make a fuss over her!
I have LOVED make up ever since I was a little girl. I remember my boyfriend in Kindergarten gave me a faux makeup kit. With no actual makeup payoff , even down to the fake nail polish, I was slightly offended. I remember pretending to put on the pressed shadows. Even as a little kid, I wanted the real deal. Imaginary blue and pretend pink didn’t stand a chance against real glitter and glam!
You can guess that I was more than irritated when the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique made its debut after my childhood. There has been many a day where I have considered asking if they carried adult sizes. But, alas they do not. So now, I am forced to sit and anxiously await the day when I have a little girl of my own to experience the magic of a Disney makeover with! I was recently talking with a friend whose daughter has had the whole experience including the princess gown, accessories, hair, makeup, and nails. While they enjoyed the experience, they hesitated doing it again for the cost. There are lots of great ideas on doing the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on a budget. From choosing the right package to bringing your own dress from home, there are a lot of ways to do the boutique without breaking the bank!
Today, I propose for your consideration the idea of doing a little “in room DIY boutique makeover”. If you are like me and LOVE all things makeup or if you just really want to save a dime, then this is the solution for your Bibbidi Bobbidi needs. It all starts with a little magic that goes something like this…Sala-gadoola-menchicka-boo-la bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!
Nothing says “girly girl” quite the way that a totally princess-ed out girl can! And nothing at Walt Disney World quite princess-es out your girly girl like Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
There are two locations for the BBB at Walt Disney World. The first is at the World of Disney Store in Downtown Disney and the other is INSIDE Cinderella’s Castle. Yup you read that correctly, INSIDE the castle.
WHEN SHOULD I MAKE RESERVATIONS? You really need to make your reservation AS CLOSE TO 180 DAYS IN ADVANCE of your trip as you can by calling 407-WDW-STYLE. However, if you are under the 180 days mark when you decide to book your Walt Disney World trip, then I say book them AS SOON AS YOU CAN! Time slots do fill up quickly, so do not hesitate.