Tag Archives: Apps
From now until February 15th, there are some super cute Princess apps available at the iTunes store for only $1.99. I am so excited to share my review of three of these apps with you today.
Princess Sticker Dress Up is a “two for one” app. Here is what I LOVE about this app:
- You can use stickers to dress up your favorite princess. But the cool thing is, the dresses are interchangeable. So, if you want, Belle can wear a Cinderella dress, etc.
- There are tons of fun accessories to choose from-shoes, purses, tiaras, necklaces. You can really customize your princess to maker her your own.
- Each princess dress up also reads your little princess a story. So, you not only get to dress up your princesses, but your little one can have a story read to her as well.
- Save and email your creations to family members-super cute!
- My favorite thing about this app is that you can insert a picture of your little princess’s face and she can look like her favorites!
Cinderella Story Book is another one of Disney’s awesome storybook apps. I LOVE this one because:
- My daughter can read it herself or have it read to her.
- The graphics are charming and enchanting and look great on both the iPad and iPhone.
- There is a fun “sing along”-which is an added bonus when you have a princess who loves to sing with her favorite characters!
- Your child can get creative and paint three fun scenes from Cinderella and you can share these via email or save to your camera on your device.
Princess and the Frog Story Book app is a fun way to add some Tiana magic to your princess this Valentine’s Day. What do I LOVE about this one?
- As it is reading to your child, the words are highlighted so she can follow along.
- The pictures are animated, sort of like watching a movie, making it fun to watch while you read.
- Choose from several different scenes to paint and share with others.
- As an added bonus, there are two games-Facilier’s Fortune and Firefly Chase-to choose from.
- 5 different puzzles will keep your princess entertained as well.
I think that downloading these apps is a sweet way to show your little princess some love this Valentine’s day! And, with all the great options and features on each of these, $1.99 makes it easy to entertain your princess! My favorite thing about all three apps is that there is more to them than meets the eye-painting, puzzles, and more!
Carrie writes here on Chip and Co where she loves sharing her FAVORITE Disney planning tips and tricks. You can also find her on My Favorite Finds-with crafts, recipes, and more Disney advice!
- Valentine’s Sale on 5 Disney Princess Apps! (chipandco.com)
Our good friends over at Where in Disney World let us check out a few of there products over the past few weeks. Everyone (who has an iPhone) loved them! Those who didn’t (me) was wondering when they will be on the Google Market.
Here is a peek at some of their great apps.
This week were going to do something different and have a Twitter Giveaway. Between now and Wednesday April 4th we will be giving away to one lucky fan all 4 of these great Disney World Apple apps!
To enter all you have to do is:
- Follow Chip and Co on Twitter (you can use the button at the top of the page)
- Tweet or RT about the Giveaway (as many times as you like)
I will pick one lucky fan between now and Wednesday and notify them on Twitter that they won.
Good luck and happy Tweeting.
P.S. – You will need an iphone, ipad or access to the itunes market to receive your prizes, and sorry we are not giving away and iphone or ipad
- Buses Boats and Monorails – WDW Transportation App Review (chipandco.com)
- “WDW Pics” App Makes Walt Disney World Wallpaper Easy for your iPhone and iPad (chipandco.com)
Every family traveling to the magical world of Disneyland eventually comes to the same question: How am I going to fit it everything I want to do/see in just three days? Smartphones have made it remarkably easier to accomplish this task, acting as pocket tour guides with tips, reviews, and behind-the-scenes info. Browse this list of 5 apps and select the one that’s the best fit for you. You’ll love actually enjoying all the park has to offer rather than spending your day staring at maps, schedules, and brochures.
- Mousewait- FREE
This free app is packed with all the features most will need. You can access wait times for all the rides in Disneyland as well as California Adventure, browse a food directory that has menus, maps and reviews, and get detailed weather reports. You can also create your own Disneyland to-do list including all the attractions, restaurants, and events you’d like to attend. You can even chat with others in the park to keep in the know of what’s going on around you. The app will send you push notifications to remind you when to pick up your fast passes or when you have a dinner reservation scheduled.
- Wishing Stars – $4.99
This actually isn’t a planning app, but it’s such a fun opportunity it’s worth mentioning. Wishing Stars is basically a series of treasure hunts within the Disneyland park. You can choose from varying levels of difficulty to accommodate children, adults, or even Disney fanatics. The app will give you a clue, and then use your GPS location to determine if you’ve found the correct answer.
- Disneyland iGuide – $2.99
This guide comes in handy starting from the second you park your car. There’s a spot for you to record where your car is parked, so you won’t have to wander around late at night on the verge of a breakdown. It also features a customizable panoramic map that allows you to zoom to three times magnification. The GPS walker follows you at all times so you can quickly spot where you are. The times your Fastpasses must be picked up or returned will be displayed on your map as well for your convenience. There’s a feature to find all dining options that are under the $10 pricepoint, or even switch your map to a restaurant-only view. It also has the capability for you to plan your own itineraries and checklists.
- Disneyland Planner – $2.99
Similar to previous apps, this one shares a lot of the same features. There’s a spot to record you parking location, maps of the park, customizable itineraries, and wait times for all the attractions. Unique features are a trip countdown that can be used in the days leading up to your vacation, a gift-list creator, and user ratings for all attractions, dining spots, and shopping locations. It’s also the only app that provides photos and details for events in the park.
- Hidden Mickeys – $7.99
Disney Imagineers having been cleverly sticking silhouettes of Mickey Mouse’s head throughout the park for decades. They’re in top secret locations that only true Disney fans can spot! Occasionally the hidden Mickey comes in other forms- for example a picture of Mickey Mouse can be spotted on Splash Mountain, and a stuffed Mickey is stashed in a secret location on Star Tours. This app provides detailed clues to help you find the hidden Mickey’s all over the park. Discovering their secret locations adds another element to your vacation, and kids and adults alike will enjoy scanning for hidden images while in lines and on rides. Keep your eyes peeled, you never know where one could pop up!
About the author: Jaime is an avid hiker and skier who loves to write in her spare time for CenturyLinkQuote.com– home of CenturyLink Internet.
- Are you a Hidden Mickey hunter? (chipandco.com)
- Discover the Sights and Sounds of Disneyland Resort with ‘Disneyland Explorer’ for your iPad (chipandco.com)
Disney.com announced today the launch of the new Create on Disney.com (Disney.com/Create), a sleek, feature-rich site to develop original works of art. Guests can share their creations with friends and family online and now via mobile devices, including iPad and smart phones. Create’s powerful creativity tools, called Apps, empower Guests to make digital paintings, comic books, animated pets and now videos. Since Create’sinitial launch in August 2009, more than 10 million pieces of art have been created and saved on the site generating over 100 million views, making it one of the largest collections of art in the world!
“Create on Disney.com has become a thriving, online community. Our Guests are demonstrating incredible imagination and artistic abilities in a fun, safe and supportive environment with other artists. I am blown away by what I see every day on the site,” said Mark Walker, SVP, Disney.com. “There are more than 700,000 active artists on Create and we are very pleased to be able to offer them a significantly upgraded site and exciting new opportunities for creative expression.”
Create on Disney.com offers more than 60 different themed apps to choose from, many that utilize a rich library of Disney character art and graphics, such as the Toy Story Comic Creator, Miss Piggy Digital Painter, Avenger Motion Comic Creator and the Phineas and Ferb Robotinator, among others. Alternatively, Guests can utilize Create as a blank canvas to create their own original art, characters and stories.
New to Disney.com’s Create
New apps and features are available every month on Create, but this is the first major re-design of the site since its initial launch. Exciting new additions to the site include:
- Video Mashup App – By using a combination of video clips, still images and original artwork, Guests can create professional-looking music videos and movie trailers in the matter of minutes!
- Cross-Platform Compatibility — Guests can now view Create’s gallery of art, animations, comics and videos from their iPad or smart phone.
- Personalization: — So that Guests can easily discover favorite art and artists, there is now a recommendation feature alongside the Create Viewer, offering suggestions on artwork Guests might like, based on their favorite subjects, characters and artists.
- Liquid layout – To maximize the canvas size for creating and viewing art, the liquid layout uses responsive design principles to allow pages to fluidly resize and optimize for screen size.
Since its inception, Create on Disney.com has received numerous awards and honors from parenting and technology organizations around the country, including Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice, Webby Award Official Nominee, KAPi (Kids@Play Interactive) Award Finalist, Parent’s Choice and the National Association of Parenting Publications Awards (NAPPA).
- Disney.com Invites Kids and Teens to Show Off Their Music Video Star Talent in the U Rock the Holidays Event (chipandco.com)
- Create Your Custom Disney Holiday Cards & Gift Tags on Disney.com/Create (chipandco.com)
Disney Publishing Worldwide(DPW) has launched today a new, interactive storybook app for young readers featuring the voice of comic book legend and Spider-Man co-creator Stan Lee. “The Amazing Spider-Man: An Origin Story”app provides a new way for DPW’s hundreds of thousands of readers worldwide to experience comic stories. Complementing the original book from the Marvel Origins storybook series, the app retells the story of Peter Parker’s transition from teen to Super Hero with music, activities, and more.
“The Amazing Spider-Man app is a terrific first introduction to the Spider-Man story for young readers,” said Stan Lee. “It’s exciting to be a part of the creation of this authentic, interactive reading experience for children.”
“The Amazing Spider-Man: An Origin Story” storybook app features interactive, action-packed artwork, sound effects, music, and story-based activities that allow readers to test their strength, swing through the city, and use web-shooters to stop burglars – all with the touch of a finger. Lee lends his voice and bravado to the app in “Read to Me” mode for an extra “POW!”, along with three other reading modes that cater to a variety of reading levels.
Children also have the chance to help Spider-Man suit up in his gear through drawing exercises and hunt for secret “No-Prizes” within the app, which were originally implemented in 1964 by Lee when a Spider-Man fan found a continuity error in a comic and wrote a letter to the publisher.
“The Amazing Spider-Man: An Origin Story” is available in English for $6.99 from the App Store on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch or at www.itunes.com/appstore. Following the initial release, additional languages will be added for localization across Europe and Asia.
For more information, visit http://disneybookapps.com and www.facebook.com/DisneyReads, or follow @DisneyReadson Twitter.