Tag Archives: Amusement park
This fall, the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida will be the venue to For A Cause, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that orchestrates multi-day charity walks in vacation destinations. This group is unique in that they allow participants to walk for the charity of their choice. The “A Walk Around The World” event will be a walk-only fundraiser that can only accommodate 50 participants. It is scheduled to occur November 14-18, 2013. Over the course of three days, participants will average walking ten miles each day. Their course will take them through Disney World resorts, water parks, and theme parks.
Star Wars Weekends, the Force-filled, fun-fest that takes place annually at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, returns to the Walt Disney World Resort galaxy every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 17-June 9, 2013.
A celebration of all-things-Star Wars, the special event is included in regular park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Among the features: a special Star Wars-themed parade, appearances by Star Wars celebrities, special additions to Jedi Training Academy, a Star Wars-themed talk show, behind-the-scenes presentations, limited-edition merchandise, a nightly celebration and more. The centerpiece of the celebration is Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, the immersive 3-D attraction that speeds guests through worlds featured in the Star Wars saga.
Also showcased at the event: the largest collection of official Star Wars characters gathered at any theme park in the world, roaming the areas and posing for meet-and-greet opportunities in front of themed scenery.
- Disney to Exapand Star Wars Mythos with Standalone Films (chipandco.com)
- Star Wars Weekends 2013 Dates Announced (chipandco.com)
For those of you who think Walt Disney World is “just for kids”, thank again! There is plenty to do for adults too, including:
- Water sports: You can go water skiing, jet-skiing, rent a boat (motorboats, or pedal boats and canoes for the more physically inclined), and even go para-sailing at several WDW resorts
- Sample some world-class cuisine: WDW has become very famous for it’s food, from delicious pastries and baked goods to 5 star cuisine and foods from all over the world, it truly is a dining experience like no other (It’s not just burgers and fries like you might expect at a theme park, although if you really want a burger, they have some super delicious ones!)
- Go on a “Beer Tour” around Epcot: The Epcot World Showcase features countries and their cultures, traditions, foods, and drinks. Each country serves ‘adult beverages’ you would find if you were actually visiting that country, and going from place to place sampling the native drinks is a great way to spend an afternoon. Or try our Disney Around the World Showcase Challenge.
- Nightlife: Catch some live music at the House of Blues, take in La Nouba (Disney’s exclusive Cirque Du Soleil show), or just stroll along the paths of Downtown Disney at night.
Hey there guys and gals Anonymouse here. I have been looking high and low for some gossip today and not only have I found a tidbit of new information but I think it will help answer some questions that I don’t think Chip could.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts are always looking for ways to take what they do and do it even better. In the coming months they will be testing and rolling out a collection of tools at the Walt Disney World Resort called Disney’s My Magic+ that will give Guests more opportunities to customize and personalize your entire visit.
The goal of MyMagic+ is to make it easier for Guests to create the Disney experience you’ve been dreaming of-from securing a visit to your favorite attraction in advance… to a digital guide that simplifies how they move through the Walt Disney World Resort hotels and Theme Parks… to the touch of a MagicBand that seamlessly connects all your plans-allowing you to enjoy each moment like never before.
Here is a look at some of the key features of MyMagic+. Here at Chip and Co we will be sharing more information as these become available to you over the coming year.