Tag Archives: ADR
Hey there guys and gals, Anonymouse here! It’s a great day for more Disney gossip, don’t ya think? Well, good news, I have some insider information to share with you! This time, I had to travel a little farther to bring you this news, it’s all the way from Disneyland!
Disneyland will be making some changes to its policy on advanced dining reservations. As most of you know, most table-service locations at Walt Disney World require a credit-card guarantee to hold your reservation. If your party does not make it to your reservation, your credit card is charged $10 per person on the reservation. Until now, Disneyland has not required a credit card guarantee, but will now be adopting the same credit card guarantee as is required at Disney World.
Planning a Disney vacation in less than six months is doable with a little bit of advice. For some reason, our family notoriously books Disney vacations with less than six months to plan. We talk about it, and find ourselves using the phrase, “Next year when we go to Disney….”, but we don’t actually make a full commitment and book a rom until typically less than six months out. For some people, that really puts a wreck in their touring plans…..and don’t even think about ADRs! I mean, you have to be up at the crack of dawn on your 180 day mark to get any sort of good reservation….right? Well, maybe so, but it’s not impossible to plan a Disney vacation when your arrival is less than six months away. Today I want to share with you my tips for getting your vacation together, alleviating stress, and having a magical time.
1. Look if there are any possible ADRs available for your time frame. It is certainly preferable to book your dining 180 day s out from your trip. But, there are often reservations still available. I suggest looking to see what is available because that will help you decide if you want to take part in the Disney Dining Plan. With this Dining Plan, you get one sit down meal per person in your party per day. You don’t want to add this to your package, if you know there aren’t going to be any reservations avaialable.
There are TONS of amazing Disney World Restaurants to choose from, and you could literally spend days researching and planning which ones you are going to make your ADR’s (or Advance Dining Reservations) for.
If you’re looking for a place to eat dinner at the Magic Kingdom, I highly recommend you make an ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern. You’ll find this New England colonial style Inn at Liberty Square, and as an added bonus you can turn this meal into a mini history lesson for you and your family!
Making Advanced Dining Reservations at Walt Disney World is a must. Without thinking most people will make an early morning breakfast reservation, usually before the park opens. Although getting up early on vacation isn’t for everyone, getting a fun start to your day with a character breakfast can be a very magical way to get up and get going! But, how do you get to your advanced dining reservation so early in the morning? I want to share with you some planning tips and transportation options to make your early dining experience a great one!
- Plan an HOUR for transportation. That means if you took the 7:00 a.m. reservation spot at Chef Mickey’s, plan on leaving your resort no later than 6:00 a.m. This gives you time to get there, get checked in, and seated. The ONLY exception I would suggest is if you are on a monorail resort. My own personal experience, you can allow about 30 minutes for transportation.
- Look for “CHARACTER”, “SPECIAL”, or “DINING” at your resort transportation area. These buses will take you where you need to go at an early hour. Buses begin running around 6:30 a.m.
- If you are concerned about making your reservation in time, it might be a good idea to drive your own vehicle to the Ticket and Transportation Center. From here you can catch the monorail or Disney buses to get you to the right park or dining location.
- The night before your early reservation, check with the Concierge desk at your resort to confirm when the buses begin running. They will be able to give you advice and help you decide where and when to catch your bus.
Hey there Guys and Dolls it is I, Anonymouse! Delivering right to your computer the best in Disney News & Gossip.
Alas, what I have to tell you has given my sleepless nights and driven me to drink…Yoohoo of course. But, some of you youngsters will not even blink an eye but here it is…Be Our Guest restaurant is trying out a new fangled Advance Online Dining Reservation System…HORROR. So you want me to decide what I want to eat ahead of time? I can not even decide what shoes to wear (so sometimes I have to wear two different shoes just to please my spirit). Well, for those of you that are keen on new technology here is the deal.
You can make advance reservations online ahead of time for lunch at Be Our Guest which is a counter service lunch. You can do this online and as well put in your advance order. To be fair they are only testing the system now…the idea is you make your reservation for lunch in an advance, order your food and when you show up after checking in you are given your rose because the bachelor has chosen you…wait no, wrong show, anyway you are given your rose and sit down and your previously ordered food is brought to you.