Summer of Heroes at Disney California Adventure Park. And the new epic attraction, Guardians of the Galaxy-Mission: BREAKOUT! Begins May 27. pic.twitter.com/yRYhFj3E3A
— Disneyland Resort (@Disneyland) April 17, 2017
Disneyland California Adventure
With Spring Break and cooler weather behind us, I’m sure I am not the only one who is starting to think of summer vacation! Just in time for your summer visits, Disneyland has released details on exciting events going on at both parks and announces it’s going to be a “Summer of Heroes” at Disney California Adventure.
We can confirm that the new Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction will be opening at Disney California Adventure in Disneyland on May 27th. The highly anticipated new attraction takes guests into a chaotic and hilarious adventure that combines a breathtaking free-fall sensation with all-new visual and audio effects. The action jumps to the beat of the attraction’s “awesome mix tape” of music, inspired by the films soundtracks. Guests will discover multiple ride experiences as they help the unique hero Rocket in a daring plan to free the Guardians–a band of extraterrestrial misfits–from the fortress of The Collector, Taneleer Tivan.
Join in the fun of the Guardinans’ opening with the “Summer of Heroes” celebration going on at Disney California Adventure. During this celebration, lasting from May 27th to September 10th, 2017, you can meet Heroes from the Guardian of the Galaxy film (some appearing for the first time in a Disney park!) along with other iconic Super Heroes. The “Summer of Heroes” also introduces an ever-expanding universe of Super Hero stories at Disney California Adventure that will become even bigger over time. In addition, guests in the park’s Hollywood Land will join some favorite Super Heroes for epic, new experiences for a limited time.
Some Super Hero experiences that Disney California Adventure will be able to experience year-round:
- Super Hero Encounters: For the first time, citizens of Terra (Earth) will come face-to-face with Groot. They also may encounter the First Avenger, Captain America, and everyone’s favorite web slinger, the friendly, neighborhood Spider-Man.
- “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off!”: Star-Lord fires up his old-school boom box to get a party started. Everyone, including tree-of-few-words Groot, is bound to get in the groove and show off their moves during this awesome rock ‘n’ roll bash.
These adventures will only be available for guests to enjoy during the “Summer of Heroes” (May 27th to September 10th, 2017):
- “Avengers Training Initiative”: Black Widow and Hawkeye assemble young recruits for a series of tests to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow: Black Widow arrives on the scene several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for her heroic encounter with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action: Special themed merchandise, plus food and beverage items, will be available throughout Hollywood Land.
- The popular nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” is set to re-open this summer on the Rivers of America, enhanced with new scenes and features. Guests will find Mickey Mouse in more scenes than ever before, and they’ll discover new roles for Genie from “Aladdin,” “Rapunzel,” “The Lion King” and “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
- As work continues on a new Star Wars-themed land, set to open in 2019, the iconic Disneyland Railroad is preparing to return this summer to take guests on a tour of the park. They’ll enjoy a new look along the Rivers of America, with a spectacular new vista of a waterfall, rocky cliffs and a dramatic gorge below.
- Also returning later this summer are the Rivers of America attractions: the Mark Twain Riverboat, Sailing Ship Columbia, Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes and Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island.
- In Tomorrowland, Star Wars and Disney fans will step into out-of-this-galaxy experiences at Star Wars Launch Bay, meeting some Star Wars characters and getting an up-close look at replica props and models from Star Wars movies, including the latest “Rogue One: A Star Wars”
What events and attractions coming to Disneyland this summer are you most excited about? Let’s start planning your trip to Disneyland! Fill out the form below form below or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations around the globe. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Seven Year Old Hosts Princess Party at Disney World for Less Fortunate Children - August 16, 2017
- Johnny Depp Makes Surprise Appearance at Children’s Hospital - August 16, 2017
- Alfredo Angelo to Auction Off Unsold Dresses - August 16, 2017