Stride Rite®, the leader in premium children’s footwear, today announced the introduction of its Star Wars™ by Stride Rite® Trilogy of the Lights, an epic collection of sneakers with unique light-up technology only available through the innovation of Stride Rite.
The collection features three sneaker styles inspired by Star Wars characters and lore, each with its own unique light-up technology.
- The Morphing Lightsaber™ sneaker features Push to Change light-up technology and puts the power of choosing either the light or the dark side of the Force. The lightsaber on the front of the shoe, which lights up with every step, will change from Yoda green to Sith red with the simple push of a button.
- The Jedi to Sith sneaker with Shadow Lights technology represents the ultimate battle between both sides of the Force through the transformation of Anakin Skywalker to Darth Vader. This shoe features first-of-its-kind Light & Dark Sensor Technology that flashes blue in the brightness of day, and glows red in the shadows of darkness.
- Star Wars fans can channel their inner clone trooper into the Clone Captain Rex™ 2.0sneaker with Revealers Light-up technology. When you step, the shoe closure, looking like a clone trooper helmet, flickers blue light to reveal Clone Captain Rex’s silhouette.
The Star Wars by Stride Rite Trilogy of the Lights campaign is illustrated in two fifteen-second commercials airing in February on Cartoon Network and Disney XD. The imagination-inspired commercials show mini-Jedi Knights gliding into their Star Warsshoes and transporting themselves into the never-ending battle between the light and dark side of the Force.
“Star Wars younglings are sure to love these new shoes that will bring these exciting characters and the Star Wars story to life. At Stride Rite, we strive to offer designs and technology that inspire children’s imagination and encourages them to play,” said Sharon John, president of Stride Rite Children’s Group. “That’s why we are so proud to be offering Star Wars-inspired footwear for children. We know how beloved these characters and stories are, and are excited to bring them to life through our shoes.”
The Star Wars by Stride Rite Trilogy of the Lights sneakers range from $56 to $59, and are currently available in Stride Rite retail stores, online at www.striderite.com, as well as Nordstrom. Visit www.striderite.com to find a location near you.
Tara seems to always be doing something Disney! Whether she is helping people make a memory with a trip to Disney (or anywhere else for that matter) or she is helping to write all the news and gossip to keep you in the know! She also has a brand new facebook page for even more tidbits on Disney and travel, so visit her at Magical Memories and the Mouse.
- Star Wars Weekends Returns to the Disney’s Hollywood Studios Galaxy in May and June (chipandco.com)
- Buzz About Harrison Ford’s Possible Return as Star Wars’ Han Solo (chipandco.com)
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Episode VII Fans Celebrate Rey Day 2016 at Disneyland Park - January 27, 2016
- 10 Disney Souvenirs You’ll Be Glad You Bought - December 30, 2015
- Walt in Walt’s Disneyland Footsteps Tour Review - September 4, 2015