Animal Kingdom has announced they will be celebrating Earth Day this year with it’s first ever Party for the Planet Celebration! This three-day celebration will take place from April 21st to April 23rd, 2017.
Here are some tips if you are planning to Party for the Planet this weekend:
- Pick up a Party for the Planet Times Guide when you enter the park to help you plan the day.
- Choose how you will “see nature” and tell the story of your day at the park. In the Oasis, select one of 10 different animal cut-outs (while supplies last) to enhance your experience while raising awareness of the animals Disney Conservation Fund is helping protect through our Reverse the Decline, Increase the Time initiative. Be sure to share your photos on social media using #DisneyAnimals!
- Along Maharajah Jungle Trek in Asia, take part in an activity focused on snow leopards, one of the amazing animals featured in Disneynature “Born in China.” You can also pick up a free activity packet (while supplies last) based on the film. We’re posting this activity below if you want to get a head start!
- Disney PhotoPass photographers will create a special Magic Shot image based on “Born in China” and will have fun Earth Day props you can use to enhance your photos.
- Treat yourself to a specialty Party for the Planet chocolate cupcake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing at Creature Comforts and Isle of Java in Discovery Island or panda-themed cookies and candy apples at Zuri’s Sweets Shop in Africa.
- Shop special vendors in Discovery Island and Africa who are here for our Earth Day celebrations.
- Be sure to arrive at “Flights of Wonder” early for special conservation-themed pre-shows and opportunities to meet a Disney veterinarian.
- Show your animal side with face painters and caricature artists at Conservation Station.
- Embrace the adventure! There are more than two dozen other family-friendly experiences and special interactions with our animal care experts and education instructors planned throughout the park, so relax, celebrate nature and enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom!
Do you have plans to be at Animal Kingdom this weekend? If so, share some pictures with us of the celebration!
Let’s start planning your adventure to Animal Kingdom or any other Disney Destination! Fill out the form below form below or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations around the globe. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at [email protected], or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- New Lounge Coming to Disneyland Promises a Great View of Tomorowland and Fireworks! - April 27, 2017
- ‘Star Wars: Puzzle Droids’ for Mobile Devices now Available - April 27, 2017
- Save up to 30% on Aulani this Fall! - April 26, 2017