Shhhh don’t tell anyone. It’s just between you and me. I have been a passholder for a few years and a Cast Member a few years ago. So in that time I have learned a few insider secrets that I thought you would appreciate.
- The buildings on Main Street are designed in a very special way that is not visible just by looking at them. When you enter the Magic Kingdom as you approach Main Street the building on Main street are designed to make the Castle appear huge and far away. The opposite is true when you are leaving and walking down Main Street the design of the buildings makes the exit seem closer than it really is because Walt knew you would be tired by then end of the day and thought it would make you feel a little better if you thought the exit was closer. It is called “Forced Perspective”. Some people have said this not true but I was told this on my first day of training as a Cast Member.
- The Magic Kingdom is actually not on ground level. They had to build it higher than ground level because the utilidors are underneath. In Florida they can only dig so far before they hit water, so the utilidors are actually on ground level and The Magic Kingdom is higher.
- If you look at the second story windows of the shops on Main Street you will see some names. These are the names of the designers.
- When you see an American Flag down Main Street they are also lightning rods. Since Florida is the lightning capital of the world this is a very comforting feature.
- The Emporium is the best place to shop in the Magic Kingdom because they have the widest selection of merchandise.
Tip: Disney changes their merchandise every few months, so if you see something once you may never see it again. You will also find different merchandise in every store you go in, even in the same park.
- As a Cast Member you were not allowed to go to a different lands in your costume because they said that spoiled the magic since every land has their own costume. I have heard that rule has since changed.
- The utilidors are there for one big reason and that is so Cast members can get around and not be seen by the guests.
- When riding The People Mover you can see a model of what Epcot was going to look like.
- If you want a place to watch the fireworks without all the crowds and noise, go to the Polynesian. You can sit on the beach or inside on the there is a huge window and you get a great view of the fireworks and you can still hear the soundtrack.
- It is said that in The Magic Kingdom a trash can will never be more than 30 steps away from you. Watch out for the talking trash can Push.
- The Keys to the Kingdom tour is pretty much the same info/tour they give new cast members. When I started working for Disney I got a tour of the park I would be working at and inside info. I also got to see and experience The Magic Kingdom before the park opened and there is nothing better than that.
- In Liberty Square there is a building that has Victorian style doll in the Window. Many years ago a doll in the window would tell firefighters that the bedroom was that of a child.
- There are no bathrooms in Liberty Square. That is to keep with the time period of that area.
- The Hall of Presidents has the best and coldest air condition.
- On Main Street you can get a cut out silhouette done for less than $10.00. The woman who did one for my daughter told me she had been doing that for over 20 years. She made it look so easy.
- The best place to view the parade is from the patio area above the train station.
- You must try a Dole Whip, it is unlike anything you ever had.
Do you have any Magic Kingdom secrets? Let us know your Magic Kingdom secrets in the comment box below.
Sunshine is a Disney fanatic. You will find her counting down the days until she goes back to Disney, while annoying her daughter with everything Disney.
- Activities: The Keys to the Kingdom Tour (aglassslippervacation.com)
- Tips for Saving Money off food at the Magic Kingdom (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Maria (see all)
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Praise Wave Makes a Splash with MERCYME Taking the Stage March 12th - March 4, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Offers Free Beer - March 3, 2016
- SeaWorld Orlando Unveils New Coaster Car: Inspired by Sharks, Engineered for Speed - February 17, 2016