Take a trip down memory lane with a throwback pack filled with six classic games from Disney and Capcom.
Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, announced today the release of The Disney Afternoon Collection. The Collection is a compilation of six games that feature iconic Disney TV characters from the 80s and 90s. The restored classic games contain original Disney characters on fun-filled adventures while featuring up-to-date technology with crisp 1080 HD support. The games also feature all new modes that can be enjoyed by players of all ages.
Players will be able to relive their childhood afternoons with Disney and introduce a whole new generation to Disney gaming with with these classic including:
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers – This classic lets players team up with a friend in co-op play as they assume the roles of the mischievous Chip and Dale as they take on memorable villain Fat Cat and attempt to solve the mystery of a missing kitten.
- Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 – Fat Cat has escaped and his plans are even more dastardly this time. The titular heroes and supporting cast Monterey Jack, Gadget, and Zipper must stop Fat Cat from his evil dream of world domination!
- Darkwing Duck – Play as the original caped crusader and fight a city full of criminals from the infamous F.O.W.L. organization in this action-packed platforming epic.
- DuckTales – In this iconic platforming adventure, players help Scrooge McDuck fill his feathery pockets with vast riches from across the world.
- DuckTales 2 – The sequel to the original game comes jam-packed with more action and an even bigger caper set in new locations like the Bermuda Triangle and Niagara Falls!
- TaleSpin – Take to the skies as Baloo the bear navigates his plane through exotic and dangerous locations in this side-scrolling shoot-em-up.
All six games are new and improved HD versions of the originals and feature a number of filtering options to replicate that classic retro feel. The Disney Afternoon Collection will offer new ways to play the classic “Boss Rush” and “Time Attack” modes for each game. The games will feature a new “Rewind” option that will make it easier for newcomers to get in on the fun. The “Rewind” option allows users to rewind time and enjoy a swift recovery from blunders. For all the Disney history buffs, the in-game “Disney Museum” will provide a wealth of content to celebrate the era of the original releases featuring concept art, character art, and music- all preserved in their original glory!
The Disney Afternoon Collection will be available by digital download across North America and Europe for $19.99 starting on April 18th, 2017 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations around the globe. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Ellen’s Animatronic From Universe of Energy is Going to the Auction Block - April 19, 2018
- Celebrate Animal Kingdom’s 20th Anniversary with A Tasty Treat! - April 19, 2018
- Disneyland Announces Two Job Fairs - April 18, 2018