Sweet on You on the Disney Fantasy is known for its specialty ice cream, cookies, cupcakes and more. This new shop just debuted earlier this year when the Disney Fantasy returned from receiving some magical enhancements. Disney Parks Blog recently highlighted a fun fact about the new space – the artwork on the walls was created by the animators from the Mickey Mouse cartoon shorts.
Now you can enjoy one of the Disney Fantasy treats at home. Disney Parks Blog shared the recipe for the raspberry macarons for you to make for your family and friends.
Makes 20 macarons
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup almond blanched flour
- 2/3 tbs egg whites, divided
- ½ tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup purified water
- 1 cup raspberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Combine powdered sugar and almond flour in an electric mixer until fine. Add 1/3 tbs egg whites and food coloring to make a paste in the electric mixer.Note: Make sure the egg whites are room temperature before using.
3. Boil the sugar and water in a small pot and bring to 260 degrees F. Whip 1/3 tbs egg whites. Pour the hot sugar syrup into the egg whites on the side of the bowl and whip at a high speed until thickened to form the meringue.
4. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the almond flour mixture and combine, repeating with the rest of the meringue and making sure to deflate the mixture.
5. Fill a piping bag with a round #6 tip with the mixture. Place wax paper onto a baking sheet, and pipe the mixture into ¾ inch round discs onto the sheet. Let sit for 35 minutes before baking in the oven.
6. Place the macaroons in the oven and immediately turn down the oven temperature to 285 degrees F. Bake for ten minutes and then take out of the oven to cool.
7. When cool, turn over half of the macarons and pipe raspberry jam on the flat surface. Place another macaron on top of the jam.
Source: Disney Parks Blog
Interested in planning a Disney vacation? Fill out the form below for a FREE quote.
As an agent with MickeyTravels, LLC, I can help save you time and money planning your next Disney vacation. The best part is my services are always FREE! Contact me today at email@example.com or (229) 977-3773. Join me on Facebook for the latest Disney updates and tips.
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Latest posts by Natalie Connell (see all)
- Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Runners Raced to Infinity and Beyond - September 12, 2017
- Save Up To 30% On 5-Night Stays at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa - September 12, 2017
- Disneyland’s Little Red Wagon on Main Street, U.S.A. is Back - September 10, 2017