Questar to release “Disney Parks” – Secrets, Stories, and Magic Behind the Scenes
Emmy-winning Lightship Entertainment of Orlando, Florida, has appointed Questar Entertainment the exclusive distributor of “Disney Parks” to be released on June 1, 2010 as a DVD 6-Pack (SRP $49.99), a Blu-ray Plus Combo Pack containing Blu-ray, DVD, and digital copies($34.99), and a DVD Single of highlights ($19.99). Produced for Disney Parks LLC by Lightship, “Disney Parks” gives viewers special access to top attractions and gives viewers unprecedented insight into the planning, design, and “imagineering” that goes into every aspect of the Disney experience.
Packaged in a beautiful, eye-catching foil embossed slipcase, “Disney Parks” provides a unique behind-the-scenes look at top Disney attractions at parks across the country. Whether they’ve been to Disney amusement parks before or are planning their first trip, viewers will want to own this collectible, in-depth look at some of Disney’s most famous rides, shows, and adventures!
“Disney granted us unprecedented access into their theme parks, resorts, and attractions which has allowed us to present over five hours of programming that reveals incredible information and imagery,” said Andy Perrott, President and Executive Producer of Lightship Entertainment. “Working closely with Disney Parks, we proudly present over five hours of the most definitive collection of insiders information and imagery on Disney’s theme parks, resorts, and attractions.”
“Questar is truly honored to be the exclusive provider of Disney Theme Park content,” said Kevin Silverman, Vice President, Digital Distribution and Programming at Questar Entertainment. “This is an exciting start to 2010 and proves that in its 25th year, Questar still has ‘Everything in the World Worth Watching.’”
The “Disney Parks” DVD 6-Pack (SRP $49.99, Program Length 5.5 hours) includes:
· Walt Disney World: Behind the Scenes—An exclusive look at the park that made Orlando the nation’s number one vacation destination.
· Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes— A journey through the incredible attractions and entertainment experiences at the original Disneyland Resort.
· Ultimate Walt Disney World—A close look at the exciting thrill rides that make Disney parks so exciting.
· Disney’s Animal Kingdom—A tour of Disney’s largest and most ambitious theme park to date!
· Disney Cruise Line—Exclusive access to Disney’s cruise ships and its private island, Castaway Cay.
· Undiscovered Disney Parks—A unique guide to Disney sites “off the beaten path” including properties and locations in Anaheim frequented by Walt Disney himself.
The “Disney Parks” Blu-ray Combo Pack, which gives consumers DVD, Blu-ray, and Digital copies of the program (SRP $34.99, Program Length 2.5 hours) includes:
· Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
· Ultimate Walt Disney World
· Undiscovered Disney Parks
Finally, the “Disney Parks” Single DVD (SRP $19.99, Program Length 1.5 hours) contains:
· Walt Disney World: Behind the Scenes
· Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
About Questar: Celebrating its 25th anniversary in 2010, Questar Entertainment is one of the industry’s leading large content holders of quality Travel, Nature, and Inspirational programming for television, home entertainment, education, web and digital, with over 3,500 titles in its library. Questar has won five awards from The American Film Institute, and has been honored by Billboard Magazine and at The Covenant Awards. Questar’s “Rome: Power & Glory” was named Best Educational Documentary at The DVD 2000 Entertainment Awards, while “Bobby Darin: Mack Is Back” received a Certificate of Excellence as Best Music DVD. Questar products are distributed through Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Costco, Amazon, Target, Best Buy, Netflix, iTunes, Blockbuster, Barnes & Noble, Borders, Columbia House, and Reader’s Digest. Questar has produced more than 100 original programs for PBS, The Discovery Channel, TLC, The Travel Channel, The History Channel (A&E Networks), and PAX-TV Network. In 2010, Questar was selected to join YouTube’s beta rental program providing full-length premium content to users. Questar maintains offices in Chicago and Burbank. For more information, visit www.questarentertainment.com.