Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid is new to the Magic Kingdom as of December of 2012. It is part of the long awaited Fantasyland expansion, and is great for the entire family. If you have an Ariel fan in your family, you will want to make sure and enjoy the Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid attraction. You are transported in your clamshell through Ariel’s undersea world-complete with friendly fish, bubbles, Sebastian and Flounder!
- This attraction has no height requirement, so everyone in your family can enjoy it.
- Fastpass is available, and Fastpass machines for this are outside of Mickey’s Philharmagic.
- The ride lasts about 7 minutes, and is a gentle path-so it’s not scary for little ones.
- The queue for this attraction is interactive-which is excellent to keep the kids entertained while waiting in line! Children can play short games, and listen to Scuttle tell jokes while waiting to explore Ariel’s undersea world.
Even with the 7.5 feet tall Ursula trying to crush their romantic dreams, Ariel and Prince Eric emerge “happily ever after”, and you will too! This is a popular attraction at the Magic Kingdom, and the line begins to fill quickly. If you choose to not FastPass this attraction, get in line shortly after park opening.
Quick Tip: After enjoying the Journey of the Little Mermaid, stop by Ariel’s Grotto to meet Ariel in her mermaid form.
Overall, we give this attraction an “A+”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- What’s new at Disney World in 2015 - January 31, 2015
- Chip and Co Tee Shirt Store - January 30, 2015
- Disney Finds – Disney Cruise Line Alex and Ani Bracelet - January 29, 2015