Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure is larger than life-and your kids will have a big time playing on it! This Hollywood Studios play area is located in the Backlot area and can be reached from Streets of America or Pixar Place. This soft surface play area is based on Disney’s “Honey I Shrunk the Kids” movie. The premise being your kids are now miniature in a backyard of fun obstacles. In this 11,000 square foot play area you will find some the following:
- 30 ft tall blades of grass, a film cansiter slide, giant ants for climbing, giant cheerios, and more!
- This outdoor play area has no height restrictions but is size appropriate for about 5 and under.
- There are Cast Members who control the crowd in and out of the play area so there may be a short wait. Usually under 10 minutes. It is not difficult to lose sight of your child, but the play area exit is monitored.
- Check your times guide, as the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure may close for cleanings, and it sometimes closes before the park does.
- There is no time limit at this attraction, so let your child enjoy running off some energy!
This is a perfect place to burn off some energy at Hollywood Studios. It’s mostly shaded by the 30 foot tall blades of grass and there is a small water feature. There are tons of photo opportunities in this backyard adventure. Make sure if you are frequent visitors to take a photo in the same spot every trip!
Quick Tip: Don’t miss the Sniffing Dog Nose…be careful he also snorts!
Overall, we give this attraction an “A”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Tom Hanks confirms Toy Story 4 is in production! - November 30, 2015
- Get a head start… Cyber Monday starts right now on Tee Public - November 30, 2015
- Top 10 Disney World Rides You Must Do Each Visit! - November 27, 2015