The Magic of Disney Animation is located in the Animation Courtyard in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. At the Magic of Disney Animation you have lots of opportunities to see the animation process from start to finish. You can view a film starring Mulan’s pal Mushu, meet and greet with characters, and there are even some activities for kids! Even though it fills up it is often passed by by people interested in meeting the characters in the pavilion or who only stopped in to beat the heat!
- Your tour begins with a 10 minute segment of watching a Disney animator interact with Mushu-the beloved dragon from Mulan.
- You move on to see where Disney animators USED to work to bring those famous Disney characters to life. A cast member here will answer a few questions about animation, and then you move on to the Animation Station.
- At the Animation Station, you can interact with creating animation of your own through various methods. See which Disney character you are most like, sit at an animator table and create your own character to take home with you. Add color to an animated scene, or even play with sound effects!
As you exit to the Animation Station, you might be surprised to see that there are several character meet and greets taking place. Winnie the Pooh, Sorcerer Mickey, Chip & Dale, the Incredibles and many more have been known to be hanging out in the Animation Station!
Quick Tip: If you want to get some good picture opportunities, skip the Magic of Disney Animation show, and go straight to the Animation Station to find some beloved characters.
Overall, we give this attraction an “A”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Time to get my Disney On! - March 5, 2015
- D23 Expo invites fans to join in two creative contests that celebrate the magic of all things Disney - March 5, 2015
- New Disney Parks App Transforms Users into Disney Characters - March 5, 2015