The Magic of Disney Animation is located in the Animation Courtyard in Disney’s Hollywood Studios. At the Magic of Disney Animation you have lots of opportunities to see the animation process from start to finish. You can view a film starring Mulan’s pal Mushu, meet and greet with characters, and there are even some activities for kids! Even though it fills up it is often passed by by people interested in meeting the characters in the pavilion or who only stopped in to beat the heat!
- Your tour begins with a 10 minute segment of watching a Disney animator interact with Mushu-the beloved dragon from Mulan.
- You move on to see where Disney animators USED to work to bring those famous Disney characters to life. A cast member here will answer a few questions about animation, and then you move on to the Animation Station.
- At the Animation Station, you can interact with creating animation of your own through various methods. See which Disney character you are most like, sit at an animator table and create your own character to take home with you. Add color to an animated scene, or even play with sound effects!
As you exit to the Animation Station, you might be surprised to see that there are several character meet and greets taking place. Winnie the Pooh, Sorcerer Mickey, Chip & Dale, the Incredibles and many more have been known to be hanging out in the Animation Station!
Quick Tip: If you want to get some good picture opportunities, skip the Magic of Disney Animation show, and go straight to the Animation Station to find some beloved characters.
Overall, we give this attraction an “A”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Disney and Google Offer Fans Extraordinary Interactive Experiences To Awaken the Force Within! - November 23, 2015
- Disney Springs Celebrates its First Christmas Season - November 22, 2015
- Pop Up Santa to Take Place During ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas! - November 21, 2015