This Epcot ride and attraction is located in Future World at the Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion (Formally the Living Seas). Listen for the “Mine, Mine, Mine” seagulls from Finding Nemo. As you enter the queue for this attraction, you immediately feel as if you are in the depths of the ocean. Boarding your clam shell, you’ll be in for a treat as you make your way through the story of everyone’s favorite clownfish-Nemo.
- You begin your trip “Under the Sea” by queuing into a dark, winding line mimicking the deep seas depths. At the end of the line you will board a “Clammobile” for a gentle ride through the ocean.
- You are on the lookout for Nemo, who has again escaped his worried father, Marlin. The ride consists of both animation and elaborate puppetry. On your ride you will see Finding Nemo favorites like Dory and Bruce, and take the East Australia Current with Crush the sea turtle.
- Thanks to Pixar magic, at then end of your ride you will encounter the characters as they interact in the actual aquarium at the Seas with Nemo and Friends Pavilion. The Clammobiles then deposit you on the “surface”, which is the Sea Lab and Aquarium exhibits.
- The wait for the ride usually is about 10 minutes. There is no FASTPASS. The actual ride takes 5 minutes.
- This ride is appropriate for all ages and their are no restrictions. You will need to board a moving clammobile, but there are special clammobiles for those in wheelchairs (you must transfer from EVC).
As the ride is based on the movie Finding Nemo, there are a few parts that might be scary to some children. As Bruce says “fish are friends” and so are little children. As you exit, be sure to explore the rest of the attraction. Many of the exhibits are interactive and educational for all ages.
Quick Tip: As you are approaching the Living Seas with Nemo and Friends, there are some great photo opportunities! The sign out front, with Spaceship Earth in the background is a wonderful picture spot. Also, there are some fun sculptures of fish and seagulls that would make good pictures.
Overall, we give this ride an A.
Are you a Disney Addict? Stand up and be counted! Join our Facebook Group - You Might Be a Disney Addict or #ymbada for short. Share your love of Disney with other like minded individuals. If you have questions be sure to stop by our Disney Addict Website. Here you can ask Disney World, Disneyland or any other travel related question. There is no question too big or too small!