Michael Jackson stars as Captain EO in this classic adventure, located in Future World, Imagination Pavilion at EPCOT. This attraction officially reopened on July, 2, 2010 after a 16 year break. Think of this as an early version of the 4D technology you can find on rides like MuppetVision and Philharmagic. You will be taken into a Sci-Fi musical 3D adventure with a retro Michael Jackson. It originally premiered in 1986 so the special effects are dated as is the 3D technology. Don’t let that scare you off this is a classic and you will find yourself laughing and singing along on your way out of the theater! This George Lucas produced spectacular is worth seeing at least once!
- If you are heading over to catch Figment on Journey Into Imagination you should be able to time it so you can catch Captain EO with out much of a wait either before or after you go in as its a continuous 17 minute show daily.
- While not a “must do” attraction, it’s good if you want to wait out a FastPass for Soarin’ or need to escape the heat.
- You are provided with 3D glasses to enjoy the show. If you prefer to not view it in 3D, there are monitors to the side that you can watch.
- Keep your young children in your lap if you want to shield them from special effects that take place in the seats.
If you are a Michael Jackson fan, or enjoy 3D simulated attractions, this is for you. Your whole travel party will enjoy Captain EO. It’s colorful, great classic Michael Jackson music, and a way to escape the heat.
Quick Tip: Keep in mind this might frighten young children-particularly the special effects that are used.
Overall, we give Captain EO a “B”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Disney in the Kitchen - January 25, 2015
- 101 Dalmatians Diamond Edition Sensational Dalmatian-al Sweepstakes - January 25, 2015
- Need tickets to Disney World? Check out these offers! - January 24, 2015