Tusker House, located in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, is a “must do” for Disney character dining. This is the only character dining location at Animal Kingdom, thus making it even more popular! You’ll hang out with Donald Duck, Daisy, Mickey, and Goofy in all their safari glory! This is an excellent choice if you are looking for a “boy” character breakfast. No princesses here, and the rustic feel of Tusker House will make your safari adventurer feel right at home! Some things to remember when dining at Tusker House:
- Characters are here for breakfast and lunch only. The meal here is served buffet style, with typical American fare on the menu. Mickey waffles, fresh fruits, and cereal are served alongside some more authentic African dishes. Potato and egg casseroles, Beef Bobotie, and quiches are also on the buffet for breakfast. You can view their full menu HERE.
- Have your camera and autograph book ready, as the characters visit tables and are available for photo opportunities and autographs.
- Breakfast is served from 8-10:30, typically. Consider trying to get a pre park opening reservation for breakfast. This is beneficial, because you’ll start your day with a fun breakfast, and then head straight to the Kilimanjaro Safari ride with little to no wait. This is one of the most popular rides at Animal Kingdom, and if you can get an ADR at Tusker House and then head straight to the ride, you’ll be off to a great start.
- Dinner is also served at Tusker House, but there are NO characters. This is also buffet style, with carved meats, salads, and the “Wall of Fire”, where you’ll find rotisserie chickens!
Tusker House is part of the Disney Dining Plan and counts as a table service credit for each member of your party. Breakfast and lunch are particularly popular, mainly because they are a character experience. However, if you don’t mind no characters and you want to experience a great dinner at Animal Kingdom, then Tusker House is for you.
Overall, we give Tusker House an “A+”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Video – Star Wars Holiday Collection - December 19, 2014
- New Trailer for Disney’s Live Action Cinderella - December 18, 2014
- Sleep Like Prince or Princess In The Royal Suite at Four Seasons Resort Orlando At Walt Disney World Resort - December 17, 2014