Disney’s Port Orleans-French Quarter Resort is located in the Downtown Disney area of the Walt Disney World Resort property. It’s themed after the famous Mardi Gras celebrations we have come to enjoy. Larger than life Mardi Gras masks, jazz playing alligators, and the romantic side of the French Quarter all await you at this resort.
- Most rooms sleep up to four guests, with two queen beds in the rooms. Some rooms sleep two guests, and these consist of a king size bed.
- Room views can be standard, pool, garden or river views. The resort is fairly small, so long walks aren’t a worry.
- All rooms are equipped with a small refrigerator.
- All rooms at Port Orleans French Quarter were redecorated in 2011, so it is fairly updated.
When staying at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter, you will find that it is located in an excellent place. It’s a quick boat ride across the Sassagoula River to Downtown Disney! Some more things to keep in mind when planning your transportation while staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter:
- Buses that service French Quarter also service her sister resort-Port Orleans Riverside.
- During busy seasons, the wait for the buses can be longer. Keep in mind there is only one bus stop at the resort.
- Take a boat to Downtown Disney from the resort.
- You can walk to Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort from here. Good to know if you’d like to explore that resort or eat at the restaurant there.
At Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort, there is plenty to do! Surrey rides, playgrounds, a Pirate Adventure Cruise, and swimming pools are waiting for you! And the really cool things is, you can walk to Port Orleans-Riverside to enjoy their pools as well! There is only one dining location at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort-the Sassagoula Float Works and Food Factory. This is a quick service dining restaurant, and will be one quick service credit on the Disney Dining Plan.
If you are looking for a small resort, with big charm-look no further. The Port Orleans-French Quarter Resort is for you! The beautifully landscaped grounds, newly renovated guest rooms, and close proximity to the parks will have you coming back for more!
Overall, we give this resort an “A+”.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!