Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort is located in the EPCOT area of Walt Disney World. This resort is considered a “Moderate” resort amongst pricing and accommodations at Walt Disney World. There are over 2,000 guest rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort, some with a strong Pirate Theme. Many rooms have two double beds, or one king size bed. Rooms at Caribbean Beach Resort will sleep from two to four guests. The theming of this resort is that of the Caribbean islands, including Jamaica, Trinidad, Barbados, Aruba, and several others. Some other ideas to keep in mind when staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort:
- This resort is very large. There are no elevators, and so rooms can possibly be located far from the main building. It’s a good idea to check the resort map and make a room request if you want to be close to a pool or the main building.
- All rooms open directly to an outdoor corridor.
- You can request a Pirate themed room, with pirate ship beds, decor, etc. These also contain two double beds.
There are several dining options at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
- Shutters at Old Port Royale is the table service restaurant option at Caribbean Beach Resort. Here you will find salads, ribs, and seafood selections. Reservations are suggested, and it is part of the Disney Dining Plan.
- Old Port Royale is the food court area that counts as a quick service credit when using the Disney Dining Plan. You will find typcial breakfast foods here, such as Mickey shaped waffles, eggs, and omlets. They also serve lunch and dinner selections. This is where you will want to refill your mug if you have purchased one or are on the DDP.
- Banana Cabana Pool Bar serves specialty tropical drinks poolside. This adds to the tropical ambiance of the resort, doesn’t it? If fruity alcoholic drinks aren’t your style, you might like a smoothie or Frozen Orange Burst.
When looking to keep your family entertained while out of the parks, the Caribbean Beach Resort has it covered. There are 9 pools at this resort, amongst other recreational options.
- Each “village” at Caribbean Beach Resort has its own beach area. White sands, hammocks, and a pool will help you relax after a long day or on your “resort” day.
- You can rent a surrey and take a ride around the resort, enjoy a bike or boat ride, or engage in a sand volleyball game.
- There is a small playground for the children to enjoy, and the Caribbean Pirate Adventure Cruise sets sail from this resort for children ages 4-12.
This resort is home to beauty of the tropics, with some Disney magic at your fingertips. To get to the theme parks and Downtown Disney, you’ll need to board a Disney bus. Another unique aspect of this resort is that face painting and hair wrapping are sometimes available to resort guests. You’ll really feel like you are in the tropics! If you are looking for a Disney resort, with an obvious theme to it, you’ll find that at the Caribbean Beach Resort.
Overall, we give this resort an “A”.
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Trailer Theater Listing - November 24, 2014
- Atlanta Braves Spring Training Schedule at Walt Disney World - November 24, 2014
- Mad T Party set to close November 30th - November 19, 2014