As far as character dining experiences go, Chef Mickey’s can’t be beat! You’ll find Chef Mickey’s at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, just a short monorail ride away from the Magic Kingdom. You can have breakfast or dinner here, both meals are buffet style. Before you are seated, you are led to a Mickey Mouse in full chef gear to pose for a picture. This can be added to your Photopass card, and a castmember will be around to your table sometime during your meal to offer you a photo package. In your photo package, you get one 5×7 picture as well as some 4×6 prints. It’s a great souvenir! Also, when you enjoy a meal at Chef Mickey’s, you’re guaranteed an autograph and picture with each of the Fab Five! This will save you time in line to meet characters at the parks.
For breakfast, you’ll find fresh fruit, pastries, and of course classics like Mickey Waffles. For dinner, there is seafood, chicken, salad, soups, pasta, and an amazing dessert section! Of course the best part of Chef Mickey’s is the character experience. As you help yourself to the buffet, the “Fab Five” make their way from table to table to visit with your family. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald Duck will sign autographs and pose for pictures.
Some things to keep in mind when dining at Chef Mickey’s:
- You need advanced dining reservations and this will count as one TS credit per person on your Disney Dining Plan.
- Have your autograph book and pen ready for autographs to save time. There is a cast member traveling with each character to make sure everyone is respectful of others’ time.
- It’s a fun touch to wear your favorite character tee shirt or Mickey ears during your meal.
- This is a very kid friendly experience. The atmosphere is lively and energetic, and every so often the characters and cast members perform a musical number-and guests are encouraged to wave their white napkins. Such fun!
- Chef Mickey’s is a fun place to find Hidden Mickey’s.
Overall, we give Chef Mickey’s an “A”!
Latest posts by Chip Confer (see all)
- Disney Finds – Mickey Mouse Easter Plush - March 26, 2015
- D23 announces events for disney fans in Orlando - March 26, 2015
- Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney World & Disneyland this April - March 26, 2015