Dinoland, U.S.A. is one of the main areas of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and is chock full of a lot of things to see and do! Most of what you can do at Dinoland, U.S.A. is kind of on the “kiddie” scale of attractions, but there are some big attractions and shows here also, so there’s something for everyone!
The following attractions are available for your riding pleasure:
- DINOSAUR — This ride takes you back in time — just 65 million years — to try and capture a gentle dinosaur, while avoiding all of the perils and pitfalls of those hungry dinosaurs! This is a crazy ride, so buckle up!
- Primeval Whirl — This mild roller coaster is a lot of fun, and one that my family looks forward to every time that we go to Animal Kingdom. The coaster has been closed for a lengthy investigation following an accident, but it is scheduled to reopen this month!
- TriceraTop Spin — This “Dumbo” like ride is for the little ones.
- The Boneyard — This “dig site” is actually one of my daughter’s favorites, although that may be changing. In it, your children can dig for dinosaur bones. The sand sticks to everything, though, so be warned!
- Kids Discovery Clubs — Explore some of things of nature with hands on experiments designed specifically for kids!
- Fossil Fun Games — Located near the Primeval Whirl entrance, these carnival style games with a dinosaur slant are fun for the whole family!
- Dino-Sue — This replica of a 67 million year old dinosaur found in Black Hills, SD is one of the many photo spots throughout the Animal Kingdom.
- Cretaceous Trail — this walking trail is full of plants and animals that have survived since the time of the dinosaurs.
In addition to these attractions, Dinoland, U.S.A. is home to one of the best shows in all of Walt Disney World! Finding Nemo — The Musical is a stunning live musical adaptation of the movie Finding Nemo. Located in the Theater in the Wild, this show is incredible, and at 30 minutes long, being able to sit inside during a hot summer day is a great respite! If you have never seen Finding Nemo — The Musical, I urge you to make certain you see it on your next outing to Animal Kingdom!
In addition to all of that, Dinoland, U.S.A. is also home to some dining options. Here is a list for you to choose from:
- Restaurantosaurus — This restaurant used to be home to a character dining table service restaurant, but has now been converted to quick service! Serving lunch and dinner, this restaurant features burgers, hot dogs, fries, and salads.
- Trilo-Bites — This snack kiosk is a great location to pick up a Jumbo Turkey Leg! Go for it, you know you want one!
Dinoland, U.S.A. is a versatile location full of a lot of different activities for kids and grown-ups! Plan it out, decide what’s important, and spend some time here!
- Disney World Quick Tips – Animal Kingdom (chipandco.com)
- Snack Options at Animal Kingdom (chipandco.com)