When most people think of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, usually they think of a select number of things. At the top of that list in most people’s mind is the tallest attraction at Walt Disney World — Expedition Everest™. This roller coaster is one of my favorite coasters in all of Disney World, and it is a must do for me as often as I can when we visit the park. However, Expedition Everest is not the only thing to see in the Asia section of Animal Kingdom. You will also find these things to keep you occupied while visiting:
- Kali River Rapids® — This water rafting ride is a trip down the Chakranadi River, and is a great one to take on a hot day. I have never ridden the ride where I did not get soaking wet!
- Maharajah Jungle Trek — This attraction is a self-guided tour of some of the great animals that you can find on display in the park. It is a really great way to get some of those shots that you just can’t get anywhere else!
- Flights of Wonder — This is a really neat bird show, featuring as many as twenty different species of bird. This show will allow you to see some of the greatest birds, and most endangered for that matter, on the face of the planet.
- For dining, Asia provides you with the Yak & Yeti™ Restaurant, as well as their sister, the Local Foods Cafe, which is the counter service equivalent to Yak and Yeti.
- For Shopping, the Asia part of Animal Kingdom has the Serka Zong Bazaar. If memory serves me correctly, it was at this Bazaar that we bought our Giraffe wooden Wind Chimes for our house!
This concludes our look at the Asia part of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Tell me, what is your favorite part of the area?