When most people think of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, usually they think of a select number of things. At the top of that list in most people’s mind is the tallest attraction at Walt Disney World — Expedition Everest™. This roller coaster is one of my favorite coasters in all of Disney World, and it is a must do for me as often as I can when we visit the park. However, Expedition Everest is not the only thing to see in the Asia section of Animal Kingdom. You will also find these things to keep you occupied while visiting:
- Kali River Rapids® — This water rafting ride is a trip down the Chakranadi River, and is a great one to take on a hot day. I have never ridden the ride where I did not get soaking wet!
- Maharajah Jungle Trek — This attraction is a self-guided tour of some of the great animals that you can find on display in the park. It is a really great way to get some of those shots that you just can’t get anywhere else!
- Flights of Wonder — This is a really neat bird show, featuring as many as twenty different species of bird. This show will allow you to see some of the greatest birds, and most endangered for that matter, on the face of the planet.
- For dining, Asia provides you with the Yak & Yeti™ Restaurant, as well as their sister, the Local Foods Cafe, which is the counter service equivalent to Yak and Yeti.
- For Shopping, the Asia part of Animal Kingdom has the Serka Zong Bazaar. If memory serves me correctly, it was at this Bazaar that we bought our Giraffe wooden Wind Chimes for our house!
This concludes our look at the Asia part of Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Tell me, what is your favorite part of the area?
Carrie believes that Disney travel is an experience unlike any other, and the best family memories are made at the Happiest Place on Earth. Book your next Disney vacation with Carrie at 937.209.9473 or [email protected]. Mention this article on Chip and Co for a free gift when you book with Carrie!
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!