Disney announced today the launch of the “Journey to Oz Balloon Tour,” sponsored by leading multichannel retailer HSN and IMAX Corporation, in support of its upcoming fantastical adventure “Oz The Great and Powerful,” opening in U.S. theaters and IMAX® on March 8, 2013. The colorful, “Oz The Great and Powerful”–emblazoned hot-air balloon began its tour this morning from the Walt Disney Studios lot in Burbank, Calif.
Stops for the “Journey to Oz Balloon Tour” to date include:
- “Oz The Great and Powerful” premiere at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood (February 13)
- Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Calif. (February 17)
- Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla. (February 20)
- Central Park in New York City (March 5 & 6)
On February 15, the “Journey to Oz Balloon Tour” app will go live on the official Facebook page for the film (facebook.com/
“Oz The Great and Powerful,” directed by Sam Raimi, imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum’s beloved wizard character. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great wizard but into a better man as well.
“Oz The Great and Powerful” is produced by Joe Roth, with screen story by Mitchell Kapner and screenplay by Mitchell Kapner and David Lindsay-Abaire. Grant Curtis, Palak Patel, Josh Donen and Philip Steuer are serving as executive producers.
- New Poster For ‘Oz the Great and Powerful’ Revealed (chipandco.com)
- Mariah Carey Records “Almost Home” For Disney’s “Oz the Great And Powerful” (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
DISCLOSURE: I may be an affiliate for products that I recommend on our website. If you purchase those items through my links I will sometimes earn a commission. You will not pay more when buying a product through my link. In fact, I oftentimes am able to negotiate a lower rate (or bonuses) not available elsewhere. Plus, when you order through my link, it helps me to pay for my website, and continue to offer you lots of free stuff. Thank you, in advance for your support!
Latest posts by Chip (see all)
- Coca-Cola, LEGOLAND Florida Resort and Select Walmart Stores Team Up to Make the Holidays Merry and Bright for Polk County Kids - December 8, 2016
- Magic Kingdom After Hours Event is back now at lower price - December 8, 2016
- John Krasinski Joins Disneynature’s BORN IN CHINA - December 7, 2016