Oldies But Goodies – What Should We Expect From A Walt Disney World Vacation?
I hate to start by saying It Depends but when we, as Seniors, travel to Walt Disney World we have the flexibility and the luxury to make that vacation exactly what we want it to be so long as we are traveling by ourselves or with like minded seniors. We are not locked into being anywhere at any special time and the only commitment we have is to doing exactly what we want to do. If you are traveling as part of a mixed generation group the rules are different, after all, family peace and contentment is extremely important.
As a couple or small group of seniors there are a number of options for a vacation theme:
- All Inclusive – Do as much of everything as you can, focusing primarily on the theme parks. It also includes time at Downtown Disney and perhaps even a water park. You might also consider things like parasailing and/or a Characters In Flight balloon ride. This is for the enthusiastic and high spirited Senior.
- Focus On Dining - If you enjoy fine or even quirky dining, Walt Disney World will give you the opportunity of a lifetime to experience an enormous number and variety of particularly fine and/or fun restaurants. These run the gamut from the Whispering Canyon Cafe to Victoria and Albert’s with every experience in between. Sure you can do other things but you focus on the joy of fun and fine dining.
- Golf – Lots of seniors love golf and Walt Disney World is an ideal place to pursue that love. There are four championship courses and one nine hole course on site and Disney resort hotel guests experience a variety of perks including free transportation to the courses to meet their tee times. A surprising number of us Oldies play a lot of golf while on vacation.
- Hanging Out – It may seem unusual to go to the #1 tourist attraction in the world and primarily spend your time just hanging out at your resort hotel or just traveling around the 42 square miles of Walt Disney World and never go to a theme park. Unusual yes, but it happens. Many of the Disney resort hotels are lovely and offer a lot of extras if you look for them. These extras range from beautiful pools to spa treatments and also include boat rentals and fishing trips.
These are just a few things you might expect if you theme your vacation to the things you love to do. That’s the beauty of a Walt Disney World vacation, you are not required to do anything or are you prevented from doing anything you would like to do. Your vacation is what you want it to be and how you want it to be. It’s all up to you what you choose to do. Have fun with it and as always, enjoy your visit to Walt Disney World!!
Photo By Disney
- Oldies But Godies – What Should We Expect From A Walt Disney World Vacation? (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Quick Tips – Don’t Miss The ‘Train Setup’ At Epcot (chipandco.com)