As we reported last week, “Do Not Disturb” signs were removed from select Walt Disney World Resort rooms and were replaced with “Room Occupied” signs instead. The change in signs also brings in a new policy to Disney Resorts. This new policy called “Right to Enter” states that a Cast Member will enter your room once every 24 hours. In the past, if the “Do Not Disturb” sign was on your door, a Cast Member would not enter your room as long as it was up, even up to the whole length of your visit.
Here is our first look at the new signs:
The new privacy signs arrived in our room today at BLT. Ummm yeah…. no one is gonna take these home. 🤦♂️ pic.twitter.com/kkmqT7dDxw
— OuterRimJim (@OuterRimJim) December 26, 2017
I think they are so cute!
Right now the following Resorts have had the “Do Not Disturb” signs replaced with the “Room Occupied” sign:
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas and Bungalows
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney has not officially announced the reason for the change but one would think the Las Vegas tragedy back in October is big part of it. Also, changes to the pet policy might have prompted some changes to be made.
The “Room Occupied” signs will be rolled out to all Resort Hotels in the near future.
Image Credit: Twitter @OuterRimJim
Let’s start planning your visit to a Disney Destination! CLICK HERE , fill out the form below, or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner. I offer rate monitoring to ensure you are receiving the best available rate offered by Disney and my services are 100% FREE!
As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help you with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and FastPass reservations. I work with all Disney Destinations. Best of all, my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.954.401.9577, via email at MickeyTravelsHolly@gmail.com, or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Holly R (see all)
- Launch Over to Magic Kingdom’s Lunching Pad for a Spicy Pepper Pretzel - January 20, 2018
- Rock the Dots with this Minnie Mouse Mousse Cake at Amorette’s in Disney Springs - January 20, 2018
- Olivia Holt Takes a Magical Family Vacation to Walt Disney World - January 19, 2018