Last minute travel tips before you leave for your Disney World vacation!
This is it! You’ve been planning and planning and planning, and now the time is here! Instead of counting down weeks or days, now you are counting down the hours! We will be leaving on Friday morning for our next Disney vacation, and I’m so excited I can’t stand it! Here are some things that I’m remembering that I need to do to make sure that nothing is forgotten in all the hoopla! These are not in any particular order of importance, just the order that I think of them.
- Technology power — since I work in Information Technology, one of the first things I think about is making sure that I remember all of the power plugs that I’ll need. For my family that will include power for iPhones, our iPad, my laptop, my camera to recharge the battery, and for the portable DVD player for the car. Of these, the two critical ones are the camera battery recharge and the laptop power for us.
- Resort addresses — Our vacation will include 12 people, and will have three different cars and two resort reservations to deal with. As a result, it’s critical that all of us have the address of where we are staying in the event we get separated along the journey down, because we are all driving. So, today I’m going to text and email the addresses to make sure that they have them and can program them into their GPS or get a map off the Internet.
- Spending money — Even though we often will add a credit card to our room key, we still like to have some cash on hand in the event we need it for some reason or another. So make sure you get the amount of cash you need to carry with you.
- Tickets — One of the most expensive and critical components to your trip are your Park tickets! Make sure you don’t forget to pack them!
- Trading Pins/Lanyards — My family loves to pin trade, especially my daughter and I. We all have lanyards, so we want to make sure we don’t forget them, because we use them for our holding onto our room keys, tickets, and fast passes as well as our trading pins!
- Reservation/confirmation numbers — All of our reservations are made, and we have all of the confirmation numbers as well. Although I’ve never had an issue where a confirmation number wasn’t in the system when we go to check-in at a resort or for a dining reservation, I still keep all of that information on hand in case I need it.
- Photopass CD pre-order — We don’t always do the Photopass CD, but we are this year, so I make sure that we do the pre-order before we leave so that we get a discount on the cost of the disk!
- Camera equipment — A trip to Walt Disney World is not complete without me playing tourist and having my camera around my neck all the time, so for me, this is a no brainer — don’t forget the camera and lenses! However, I’m debating here whether or not to bring a tripod. What do you all do? I’ve never done it before, but I want to get great shots of the fireworks, better then I’ve ever gotten, and I think I need to bring it. What do you think? Too much, or bring it along?
- Sun Protection — Don’t forget to bring sun protection! This includes hats, sunscreen, and sunglasses! The summer sun at Disney World is hot, and you don’t want to roast and get burned, that’s for sure!
- Clothes Packed — Make sure you bring enough clothes for the number of days you will be there — I know that this is a no-brainer, but it’s always better to be safe then sorry! We have a washer and dryer at our room, but that doesn’t mean we’ll use it as often as we think we will, so I’m bringing enough to make sure we’ll be good!
I know that this list doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface of all the things to remember. I didn’t even mention things such as water to drink, flavor packets (if you want those), groceries to have on hand in your room, and things like that! What are those last minute things that you always make a note not to forget for your next trip? Why not help us out by listing some of them in the comments! Thanks!
- Five Things EVERY Adult has the Right to do at Disney World! (chipandco.com)
- Disney World Quick Tips – 10 things to do on Rainy Days (chipandco.com)