When it comes to Mickey’s wardrobe, red is the color of choice any day of the week — save one! Come Saint Patrick’s Day, even the Mouse will be wearing green. Decorated with white chocolate shamrock buttons, these festive cookies are a perfect fit for a holiday party or classroom treat.
- Template for Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies
- Batch of sugar cookie dough (homemade or store bought)*
- Rolling pin
- Wax paper
- Kitchen knife
- Baking sheets
- Cooling rack
- Green cookie icing (the kind that hardens when it sets up)
- White chocolate chips
- Small microwavable mixing bowl
* Note: If the store-bought brand of dough you use is too soft to hold the cookie shapes while baking, you can knead in a little extra flour to stiffen it before rolling it out.
1. Print and cut out the Mickey’s Shamrock Shorts Cookies template.
2. Heat the oven. Working on a flour-dusted sheet of wax paper, roll out the chilled dough to ¼-inch thickness. Use the template piece and a kitchen knife to cut Mickey short shapes from the dough. Bake the cookies according to the recipe directions and then let them cool completely.
3. Meanwhile, melt a small handful of white chocolate chips in the microwave according to the package directions. Spread the melted candy on wax paper and set it aside for a few minutes to harden. Once it’s ready, cut the candy into thin slivers to use for the shamrock stems, and set them aside for now.
4. Working with one cookie at a time, spread the tops with green cookie icing. Before the icing sets, add two shamrock buttons. For each, press three white chocolate chips (tips down) into the icing, and add a tiny candy stem.
5. Set the decorated cookies aside for the icing to harden (four hours or so) before serving.
You can find many more ideas for St.Patrick’s Day on Disney Family.com . Thank you Cindy Littlefield for sharing these with us.
- St. Patrick’s Day Ideas from Disney’s Spoonful.com (chipandco.com)
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co. Be sure to sign up for our Daily Newsletter where we deliver the best in Disney News & Planning Tips to your inbox! You can find us all over the internet at Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, Tumblr, and even our Tee Public Store!
Latest posts by Chip and Co Guest Blogger (see all)
- Disney’s Character Warehouse: A Diamond in the Rough - August 2, 2015
- The Mystery of the “Teddy Bear Lady” at the Grand Floridian Resort - December 30, 2014
- Saving Money on Your Disney Vacation…Using Gift Cards! - September 13, 2014