Meet the 2011 Disney Moms Panel
The Walt Disney World Moms Panel is an online forum that serves as a resource for families planning a Disney vacation, offering a diverse pool of one-of-a-kind insights and personal advice from real Disney fans who are passionate about sharing their knowledge with others.
“This year’s Moms Panel search generated the most applications we have ever received,” said Meg Crofton, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “The Moms Panel has become an integral part of the Disney vacation planning process. We deeply appreciate all that the panelists have done to help guests create magical memories with Disney, and look forward to what the new members will offer to families in 2011.”
Following an extensive application process, each panelist was selected based on their personal Disney experience and brings their own unique perspective to the table. From traveling on a budget to creative ways to commemorate a Disney vacation, there is a Moms Panel member who can offer advice on almost any Walt Disney World topic. In fact, designated panelists are also available to answer questions related to Disney Vacation Club, Disney Cruise Lineand Adventures by Disney.
- Angelo Alomar; Simpsonville, S.C. – Electrical engineer by day and hibachi chef by night, this Disney dad is devoted to spending quality time with his family, and, of course, to his love of the Mouse. Angelo wows patrons by making Mickey Ears out of fried rice!
- Carrie Burrows; Georgetown, ON – Much like Mickey, fitness instructor Carrie works every day to help her clients’ “dreams come true.” When she isn’t running boot camps, this mom of three helps friends plan Disney vacations with good nutrition in mind.
- Ca’Sandra Phillips; College Park, Ga. – Since her first visit in 1987, this mom of two has been hooked on all things Disney. In between dreaming up her next family vacation, Ca’Sandra works at a non-profit and enjoys volunteering in her spare time.
- Emma Nicholson; Morecambe, Lancashire (UK) – Family time at Disney is number one to this magic-loving mum. Since visits from across the pond can be costly, Emma plans all of her trips well in advance to take advantage of money-saving options like the Disney Dining Plan.
- Jill Cooper; Hillsborough, N.J. – A self-proclaimed planning-pro, this high school teacher/college counselor uses her career experience to help others get the most out of their Disney vacations. Jill’s Disney experience also includes an anniversary trip to Germany with Adventures by Disney.
- Johnetta Scott; Plainfield, N.J. – Families come in all shapes and sizes… just ask Johnetta, who serves as the official Disney vacation planner to her seven nieces and nephews. This self-proclaimed “princess” enjoys volunteering and learning foreign languages.
- Krista Curtis; Maryville, Tenn. – An avid reader and mother of two, Krista spends her days working as a middle school English teacher. Whenever she visits Walt Disney World Resort, she and her husband make sure to incorporate little “extras” to make every trip memorable.
- Marisol Lopez; Lakeland, Fla. – As a Florida resident, Marisol has visited Walt Disney World Resort more than 200 times. She works daily to spread her love of all things Mickey to her two kids and husband.
- Monina Wagner; Avon, Ohio – From her first memory of riding Dumbo with her dad, Monina has been hooked on the Mouse. As a media relations manager for a non-profit, she uses her skills to chat it up and share tips with other Disney fans.
- Ritzy McCarthy; Barrington, R.I. – Born in Cuba, this bilingual mom of two currently works as a part-time Spanish teacher. From Magic Kingdom to Castaway Cay, for the McCarthy family, Disney is the only way to travel!
- Deborah Bowen; Land O Lakes, Fla. – Known as the “go-to planner” amongst her friends, Deborah helps others experience the magic by creating customized vacation itineraries. Besides coordinating Disney getaways, Deborah teaches literature, film and popular arts at the University of South Florida.
- Leslie Krzan; Holiday, Fla. – Since her first visit as a little princess, Leslie has had a special love of Disney, even celebrating her nuptials in Epcot. When she isn’t busy being the best stay-at-home-mom she can be, she enjoys baking special celebratory cakes for others.
- Lynn Lane; Ottawa, ON – A devoted wife and mom to two teenage girls, this crafty Canadian enjoys making custom greeting cards and scrapbooking her magical memories. Distance makes no difference to the Lane family; they have logged more than 72,000 miles driving to and from Walt Disney World Resort.
- Teronya Holmes; Kingsport, Tenn. – An exercise psychologist turned stay-at-home-mom, Teronya spends her days caring for her two sons and putting in volunteer time at her church. Aside from her passion for planning Disney vacations, she enjoys outdoor activities and reading.
- Wes Holloman; Pearland, Texas – Describing himself as “fun, fast and full of energy,” this devoted dad to five dreams of playing Peter Pan in Magic Kingdom. Wes is currently working to get his master’s degree while serving full-time at his church.
Guests can also visit www.disneyworldmoms.com to catch up with the 30 returning alumni panelists, who will continue to share their vacation planning advice through the Moms Panel site.
- The Chip And Company Disney Week In Review For January 7 (chipandco.com)