Though part of the fun of dining at Disneyland Resort is trying restaurants and dishes that encourage you to eat out of your comfort zone, there is also something to be said for tried and true classics that win over guests year after year. Today we thought we’d give a tip-of-the-hat to these much loved classic dishes and tell you a bit more about where you can find them.
1. Wine Country Shrimp- (pictured) Head to Wine Country Trattoria at Disney California Adventure to enjoy freshly grilled shrimp, lemon-caper butter sauce and warm polenta cakes. This dish goes perfectly with a nice glass of wine.
2. Pan Roasted Diver Scallops- This favorite appetizer is a menu staple at Napa Rose at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. It comes in a sauce of lemon and lobster and is accented with vanilla.
3. Seven Sparkling Sins – Also at Napa Rose this much-loved dish features a spicy beef and cashew roll, curried crab taco, seared ahi nacho, shrimp in cucumber wrap with lemon-dill crème, citrus-cured salmon with a buckwheat blini, lemon broiled scallop and grape leaves stuffed with pheasant.
4. Charred Nebraska Corn Chowder- Inspired by the sweet corn harvest in Nebraska, rotisserie chicken, bacon and cilantro are the flavors in this popular appetizer at Storytellers Cafe also at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
5. Fire Cracker Duck Wings –This appetizer is one of Carthay Circle Restaurant’s signature dishes. Head to Disney California Adventure to try out these oversized wings flavored with soy, lime and chilli sauce.
6. Bone-in Rib-eye – Calling all steak lovers: Rubbed with signature spices, this juicy, rich cut at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel is even more delicious when paired with Chef’s Potato Stack Au Gratin.
7. Monte Cristo –This classic New Orleans-style sandwich is made up of Turkey, ham and Swiss cheese in battered egg bread and lightly fried to a golden brown. You’ll find this delicious offering at Café Orléans in Disneyland Park or on the lunch menu in the park’s Blue Bayou Restaurant.
8. Royal Street Seafood Jambalaya –Speaking of New Orleans cuisine, the legendary Blue Bayou Restaurant in Disneyland Park features this delicious combination of jumbo gulf shrimp, sustainable fish, tasso ham, andouille sausage and chicken, tossed with Cajun-style “dirty rice.”
9. Flo’s Signature Pie-O-Ramas – Mini-pies are the order of the day at Flo’s V-8 Cafe at Cars Land at Disney California Adventure Park. A guest favorite is the strawberry rhubarb when it’s in season. Also, the signature apple-cheddar, as well as the chocolate mud versions, get high marks.
10. Sourdough Soup Boule: Be sure to order up a generous portion of creamy chowder or soup of the day served in a freshly baked sourdough bowl at the French Market in New Orleans Square in Disneyland and at the Pacific Wharf Café at Disney California Adventure Park.
11. Oscar’s Choice: All American Breakfast: One of the go-to places to grab breakfast at Disneyland, Carnation Café on Main Street, U.S.A serves this classic named after Oscar, the longtime cast member at the cafe. It’s a hearty combination of two eggs any style with potatoes, biscuit and your choice of smoked bacon or chicken-apple sausage.
12. Hacienda Chicken Caesar Salad: Found at Rancho del Zocalo Restaurante in Disneyland this salad features a classic dressing with garlic, anchovies, olive oil, lemon, Worcestershire and a touch of hot sauce. This gets tossed with grilled chicken breast, romaine, red bell peppers and Cotija cheese. It’s topped off with crisp tortilla strips.
These are just some of the classic culinary treats that will await visitors to Disneyland in 2018. So what are you waiting for? Head to the parks in the year ahead and let us know which ones are your favorite.
Planning a Disneyland getaway? Packages are currently available to book through until the end of 2018. Read below to find out how you can get your FREE quote.
Find articles like this helpful? Then why not consider booking with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner? As an agent with MickeyTravels, I’ll be on hand to help with everything from finding your perfect package to nabbing those hard-to-get dining and Fastpass reservations. Best of all my services are absolutely FREE. Get in touch at 1.800.801.4025, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow along on Facebook.
Images copyright Disney.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Latest posts by Melissa Roden (see all)
- Dine Like Carl Fredricksen With These “Up” Inspired Meals at Carnation Cafe - April 16, 2018
- Pixar Fest Sweet Treats Round-up - April 15, 2018
- Just Landed! Little Green Alien Parfaits and Specialty Straws at Disneyland’s Alien Pizza Planet - April 14, 2018