Learn ABCs with Winnie the Pooh – New App!
Since 1926, kids have been following the adventures of Winnie the Pooh and friends throughout the Hundred Acre Wood – now, a wonderfully safe learning environment. Children preschool through kindergarten can practice their ABCs with Pooh as their trusted guide in a new, interactive iOS app – Letters with Pooh, from Disney Learning.
Developed by Disney Publishing and leading educators, Letters with Pooh is filled with engaging activities aligned to Common Core and state standards for pre-k literacy and is designed to help kids identify and practice writing letters of the alphabet as well as learn sound/symbol relationships. Learning is seamlessly integrated into game play and the storyline, allowing kids to explore beginning literacy skills before entering a conventional classroom setting. Kids help Pooh on his quest for honey by catching falling letters, tracing letters and collecting letter balloons, bringing letter puzzles to life. Kids will also help the other Hundred Acre Wood residents in supplemental activities that reinforce the letters they traced and collected during Pooh’s honey-hunting adventure.
Letters with Pooh features include:
- Practice tracing and writing upper-and lowercase letters to help Pooh find honey
- Record all the letters of the alphabet
- Play fun, character-driven activities that reinforce letter identification
- Create Winnie the Pooh scenes with interactive stickers
- Whimsical Winnie the Pooh artwork!
- Professional narration, music and charming sound effects
- Parents and caregivers can track proficiency for up to four children in the comprehensive parents’ section
Letters with Pooh is available for $1.99 on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch here at the itunes store.
- The Tigger Movie Bounce-A-Riffic Special Edition Review (chipandco.com)
- Poohs’ Birthday Surprise App Review (chipandco.com)