Guests visiting Disney California Adventure Park are in for a special holiday treat. Their nighttime spectacular gets a seasonal makeover and becomes “World of Color–Season of Light” which wraps guests in the warm glow of holiday magic. Be prepared to enjoy cherished holiday music sung by beloved artists fused with memorable moments from treasured Disney animated films. This production of “World of Color” is a sparkling winter fantasy is magical for all ages and is more brilliant than ever with additional lighting, lasers and high-definition projections.
- More than 120 characters from 30-plus Disney and Disney•Pixar animated films are included in “World of Color–Season of Light”
- The score for “World of Color–Season of Light” was recorded in sessions in London, Nashville and
- The soundtrack features some well-known musical artists performing popular holiday tunes:
- “The Christmas Song” by Nat King Cole
- “Let It Snow” by Dean Martin
- “Baby It’s Cold Outside” by Michael Bublé and Idina Menzel
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Amy Grant
- “Mele Kalikimaka” by Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters
- “Feliz Navidad” by José Feliciano
- “Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies” by Pentatonix
- “Wizards in Winter” by Transiberian Orchestra
- “Blue Christmas” by Elvis Presley
- “Let There Be Peace on Earth” by Heather Headley
- In the mesmerizing start, the last leaves of fall give way to the arrival of winter as Mickey and his pals decorate their homes for Themes include:
- Snow: The Frost Fairies from “Fantasia” create a winter woderland
- Love and Romance: Some of Disney’s romantic, fairytale couples take center stage, celebrating the holidays with the ones they love
- Family and Home: From Andy’s family in “Toy Story” to a “Mele Kalikimaka” with Stitch and his ‘Ohana’ and a “Feliz Navidad” from the Three Caballeros, the story demonstrates that the most precious holiday moments are spending time with family
- The Nutcracker: Highlights from Tchaikovsky’s “The Nutcracker” ballet accompany hilarious visuals of gracefully dancing hippos, ostriches, elephants and alligators from Disney’s “Fantasia.”
- Lights: Goofy goes all out in an over-the-top holiday light displays — until his ode turns to overload and everything short circuits, leading to a “Blue Christmas” with Sadness from Disney•Pixar’s “Inside ”
- Peace on Earth: In a stunningly beautiful finale, the lagoon is illuminated with the light of hope, filling guests’ hearts with the spirit of peace, joy and goodwill to all.
LIGHTING & PROJECTION
- For “World of Color–Season of Light,” the lagoon is flooded with more light than ever as five barges erupt in a brilliant lighting effect to punctuate the grand display
- More than 800 individual light fixtures are needed to illuminate the
- Six laser projectors are deployed to create a variety of entertaining images
- Nearly 20 high-definition projectors convey imagery to the screens of fountains
- Paradise Bay lagoon serves as the stage for “World of Color—Season of” The lagoon covers 3.5 acres with nearly 15 million gallons of water and more than 1,200 fountains.
- The tables on which the fountains and other equipment sit comprise nearly one full acre of engineered superstructure, longer than a football field.
- A vast underwater grid contains more than 18,000 points of Each fountain has multiple points of control for lighting, color intensity, water angle, height and more.
- Fountain heights range from 30 feet to 200 feet in the By way of comparison, Mickey’s Fun Wheel reaches a height of 150 feet.
- The show features one of the world’s largest projected water screens – a wall of water 380 feet wide by 50 feet high, for a projection surface of 19,000 square feet
WORLD OF COLOR HIGHLIGHTS AND HISTORY
- “World of Color – Season of Light” is the fourth production to take place on Paradise Bay at Disney California Adventure Previous shows were:
- The original “World of Color” (2010)
- “World of Color – Winter Dreams” (2013)
- “World of Color – Celebrate! The Wonderful World of Walt Disney” (2015)
- “World of Color” received the 2010 Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) Award for Outstanding Achievement–Nighttime Spectacular, for being “a visual and technical marvel.”
Are you ready to start planning your amazing Disneyland vacation? Our friends at MickeyTravels (designated with Platinum Earmarked status by Disney) can help! Click Here for your FREE No Obligation Quote from one of their Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
Ready to experience Disney for yourself? There are still fantastic 2017 Summer and Fall packages to be had. Click here or send an email for a FREE, no obligation quote with an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner.
Want more help planning your next Disney vacation? As an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, my goal is to help you plan the Magic your way. I create customized itineraries, book advanced dining and FastPass+ reservations, monitor for discounts for your vacation, and much much more! And did I mention that my services are FREE? Get in touch toll-free at 1-800-454-4501, via email at email@example.com or follow along on Facebook.
Thank you for visiting Chip and Co - Your home for the best in Disney News!
Be sure to check out our sister site Disney Addicts, where we feature all the best Disney Planning Tips and more! Or drop by our You Might Be a Disney Addict Facebook group where you can chat about your your home away from home... Disney!
Please note we sometimes get commissions for purchases made through links in our posts.
Latest posts by Sarah Phillips (see all)
- New Permits Filed For Future Magic Kingdom Theater - November 20, 2017
- LEGOLAND Florida Resort Announces Black Friday Through Cyber Monday Deals - November 20, 2017
- First Trailer Released For ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ - November 20, 2017